Delay lines with pitch-transposer inside feedback loops ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought octavox from eventide that is a real dream to tweak, and i'm in heaven when it comes to precise choices of delay times or pitch transposition because you can work both by steps of 0.1 milliseconds of delay time and 1/1000 semitone of transposition

Second to none when it comes to such surgical precision, as far as i know

BUT...there's a "but" on that ballpark unfortunately : Assuming this plugin is primarily designed as a harmonizer, there's NO ways to include pitch transposition INTO the feedback loop, like for instance, a way less sophisticated toy in comparison : the "Pitch transpose A" algorithm included into the Yamaha SPX90 well-known multi-effect of the middle of the eighties

Anything similar into the current virtual arsenal ?

You could look at Audio Damage's Discord or Soundtoys Crystallizer but they are both lo-fi based on vintage Harmonizers.

Valhalla Shimmer and DMG PitchFunk do pitch transposition in the feedback loop. Not sure if they have the kind of precise control you are after .. may be worth a look though.

Would be a nice option. Feature request?
https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins

ToneCarver wrote:Valhalla Shimmer and DMG PitchFunk do pitch transposition in the feedback loop. Not sure if they have the kind of precise control you are after .. may be worth a look though.
Indeed, i just checked out pitch funk that has some honorable sound qualities in it mid/side distinct delay processors but it is very difficult to reach the overall sound quality of eventide in that area...

Valhalla shimmer is great, but it's an atypical reverb unit, no delay lines (except the inner network, of course !)

There was one by WOK called PITCHD
I don't know if it's available anymore, but it was free when it was.
EDIT: its available here http://www.vstplanet.com/Effects/Delay7.htm#PITCHD
Last edited by camsr on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericzang wrote:Would be a nice option. Feature request?
https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins
thank you, very relevant and helpful

@camsr ...i'll check this one out but i'm mac based, it's likely window only...

This thread may pique your interest.. there's a Granular pitch-based delay going for $0

matthines wrote:This thread may pique your interest.. there's a Granular pitch-based delay going for $0
You mean the one from iZotope ?

the other option of course, is to put the delay on a send at 100% wet, and put one of the myriad of pitch shifters into an insert directly after it. You could then put an EQ after that.

Logic's delay designer, my favourite overall delay plugin on this earth, does pitch shift per tap so I have never needed to do it any other way (and it's not something i absolutely need often anyway), but since using logic less and less, if i ever do need that effect again in PT, will do it the send way.

TheoM wrote:the other option of course, is to put the delay on a send at 100% wet, and put one of the myriad of pitch shifters into an insert directly after it. You could then put an EQ after that.
Different thing than having the pitch-shifter in the feedback loop of the delay (what the OP wants).

Echobode is basically this, though it's a shifter rather than a transposer (it linearly shifts frequencies and creates inharmonicity).

Sometimes I'll set up feedback loops with a physical loopback, input -> delay -> granular pitchshifter -> EQ -> limiter -> output.

No_Use wrote:
TheoM wrote:the other option of course, is to put the delay on a send at 100% wet, and put one of the myriad of pitch shifters into an insert directly after it. You could then put an EQ after that.
Different thing than having the pitch-shifter in the feedback loop of the delay (what the OP wants).
In fact it does, not with such a surgical precision as Octavox palette , but in the contrary it does...

Agreed!

This is good.

Return to “Effects”