Are you ready for Dronar?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i generally eat stuff like this up. but 16 gigs? ugh. and precocious little information?

from the website:
"...there is nothing quite like Dronar for offering so much live expression control..."

they sure about that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU8Sos8dy_w
ImageImageImage

I dont get these huge libraries that could be done much more efficiently.
But then I feel this sort of thing is a total waste of space like alot of synthetic sample packs
Amazon: why not use an alternative

16GB could be the audio material before it was packed, if they have used NCW file compression the total size could be as "little" as 8GB

For some reason or other customers like me think a product is better the larger it is :oops: :D

made by Dan "Gothic Storm Music" Graham and Adam "Icebreaker Audio" Hanley for Time + Space

check there facebook page for a little bit more information and Product Manual

dont know if the £49 inc VAT are an spelling mistake

https://www.facebook.com/gothicinstruments/

Is the name short for "dragon sonar"?

if that 49 euro introductory price tag is accurate...that sounds pretty good actually.

places it far below some other similar products like xosphere (which i mentioned before) and geosonics. though extreme environments is only 70 bucks regular price.

yeah...im interested....of course im interested.

truth be told...i dont use these kinds of instruments much anymore. my own sample collection and dron-e make far more interesting and unique sounds. oh yeah...and dron-e is free.

but yeah...still interested.
ImageImageImage

ok...after perusing the manual....it seems very much like xosphere, not exactly obviously...but pretty similar... and at that introductory price...its waaaay cheaper.
ImageImageImage

Dronar is now released!

For the full details, plus video walkthrough and audio demos, go to:

http://www.timespace.com/product/DRONAR ... ad%29.html

We look forward to hearing what you think of it!

And for those of you who are interested in the thinking behind Dronar, we also interviewed Dan Graham (Dronar producer) about the library for our blog: http://blog.timespace.com/2016/02/gothi ... #more-7791

I see now that the 16GB audio content is compressed in NCW files to 8GB, so it won't eat so much HDD space after all :)

Intro price is on until Feb 22, at £50

Would like to hear more of the actual sounds before I would buy it.

Hi Mystic,

after I cant resist to buy just a very short first impression in case of sounds. Trailer is not really represantive, the smooth, athmossphere, aerie kind of sound are definitely not the main focus.

This is - like the name sugests - of course the drone parts, then fear, horror, scifi, outerspace this kind of stuff. Definitely for the mordor and battle parts, not the fairy ones :) .

I was hoping a little bit more in this direction - like the trailer and the mentioned just for this library recorded strings lets you imagine - BUT:

I have never before had that kind of library that is so absolutely clear and easy to understand and with so many possibilities to really "play" with the sounds with so much fun :o.

Read the quick intro (2 pages with many pictures and not much text), 5-10 minutes, there you go.

With the keyboard you have 12 different kind of drone presets inside of each preset, on the expert side you can choose from 4 x 2 sounds to merge for fx/high/mid/low so I am sure I will find the sounds I would like with ease. Its just fun and definitely worth so I would liked another focus on the sounds (more comparable to the trailer).

This was an instant buy for me.

There are a lot of impressive sounds and presets, and I'm sure it will get better the more I get to experiment and understand exactly how all of the functions interact.

However, I do think that the sounds lack a bit of lushness (if there is such a word). Even the string sounds seem a bit dirty, which is a bit of a shame as they could have provided a really good counterbalance to a lot of the other darker/noisier sounds.

I actually prefer the focus on the darker stuff myself, and I understand that there will be further soundsets released in future, so here's hoping that this instrument will continue to grow and improve.

Overall I'm very happy with it, and I've barely scratched the surface yet.

Numanoid wrote:Love the name of this one

But is gonna cost a lost I guess :(
No.
DRONAR: Hybrid Module is available to download now for the introductory price of £49.95 / Euro 64.95 until 22nd February (normally £59.95 / Euro 77.95).

sid wrote:This was an instant buy for me.

There are a lot of impressive sounds and presets, and I'm sure it will get better the more I get to experiment and understand exactly how all of the functions interact.

However, I do think that the sounds lack a bit of lushness (if there is such a word). Even the string sounds seem a bit dirty, which is a bit of a shame as they could have provided a really good counterbalance to a lot of the other darker/noisier sounds.

I actually prefer the focus on the darker stuff myself, and I understand that there will be further soundsets released in future, so here's hoping that this instrument will continue to grow and improve.

Overall I'm very happy with it, and I've barely scratched the surface yet.
Does it give you a lot of tools to create your own sounds?

I already have Earth EDNA so I'm wondering if this will really add a lot. I know it's not exactly the same, but still...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”