Free SynthMagic Wonky Tape PolyMoog

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not being much on Facebook, I missed the post from 19 january with the freebie

My advice is to pick it up, it is excellent :tu:

https://www.facebook.com/Synth-Magic-241344892569998/

Thanks for posting this, Numanoid. :hug:
For those that don't like facebook , there is also a Mediafire link to download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t87q3 ... lymoog.zip
For those who downloaded the 1st version of it from Facebook or the one from my email, it is worth downloading this latest version because it has been tweaked and some more presets have also been added today.
This is for Kontakt 5.2.1 and higher.

This small collection of sounds are just some sounds from experimentation with a Polymoog 203a and a basic home reel to reel tape.

It all came about from working on a ZOM ZOM update that is coming and I wanted to try out some tape sounds.

All the polycom cards are underneath those boards and they lose connection very easily - The lid is off this Polymoog more than it is on..

https://soundcloud.com/synth-magic/wonkypolymoog

Cheers,
Steve
Last edited by synthmagic on Fri May 12, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Wow! Really nice instruments, very retro too! Thanks for the gift. Will it be available for a long time on your Facebook page? I'd like to talk about it in one of my blog.

SampleScience wrote:Wow! Really nice instruments, very retro too! Thanks for the gift. Will it be available for a long time on your Facebook page? I'd like to talk about it in one of my blog.
Thanks.
Yes, I will leave the links and info on the page.
Cheers,
Steve
Last edited by synthmagic on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Thanks for the link. This looks great!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

[Resolved]
Thanks!
Last edited by BBFG# on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

BBFG# wrote:FWR, I can't seem to get the link to download anything in any browser on any machine. :shrug:

Dialogue box states, "To many redirects".
?
I just clicked on the link and it started to download. Have you tried right clicking and saving the file?

I have set up a direct link to it from my webserver for you. sent a PM to you with a direct download link from my site which bypasses Mediafire.
Last edited by synthmagic on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Love it! Sounds badass!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Thanks for this, it's exactly the kind of wobbly retro stuff that I crave! :)
A well-behaved signature.

It's really good for Boards Of Canada type of sounds, I've just composed a very dreamy and lofi tune with it. Love it already, good work!

Thanks everyone :)
SampleScience wrote:It's really good for Boards Of Canada type of sounds, I've just composed a very dreamy and lofi tune with it. Love it already, good work!
Thanks. Would love to hear your lo-fi tune.

The reel to reel I used is a bit basic, but sounds ok for a lo-fi sort of sound. I Would love a pro Studer reel to reel of some sort. Something like this would be great and it has VU meters which means it's brilliant :hihi:
They are probably a nightmare to keep running properly and calibrate

Cheers,
Steve
Last edited by synthmagic on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Downloading right now! Can't wait to test it :) I played a polymoog a loooong time a go, can't really remember how it sounded, but I'm sure this one will be very cool. Thanks.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

SynthMagic: Thank for the gift, can't wait to try these sounds out. I'm hoping they'll fit into my ambient composing efforts well. And DOUBLE thanks for the non-Facebook link!!!!! I'm definitely FacebookPhobic :)

Downloading now. Not sure how i missed this one. Thank you.

I know I'm an individual in this, but besides the obvious choice of BOC sounds & the like.... I've use this as kind of a scratching, noise effect (playing different notes with some extreme pitch bending). Synths recorded onto tape and then manipulated correctly in Kontakt can be VERY useful to get a more solid saturated sound. Thanks again, SynthMagic for another wonderful freebie!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”