Unfiltered Audio G8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yoko band splitter is the best name of any plugin ever to this day. I still crack up years later.

woodsdenis wrote:
thelizard wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:I just realised, the company's name is Unfiltered Audio right??..

I wonder if the realise their G8 plugin actually filters audio!?!!

Hahaha!!
We have a ton of puns and nerdy jokes throughout our products.

Renoun Reverb (Noun/Verb instead of "renown")
Yoko Band-Splitter

Etc. etc.

Anyway, literally anything that affects the audio signal could be considered a filter in some regard. Your ears act as filters as well. Technically, you never hear "unfiltered" audio. So, it's a big pun for the nerds :lol:
Just demoed and bought it now, very cool plugin with lots of creative options.
Thank you for the purchase! I appreciate the kind words.

thelizard wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:I just realised, the company's name is Unfiltered Audio right??..

I wonder if the realise their G8 plugin actually filters audio!?!!

Hahaha!!
We have a ton of puns and nerdy jokes throughout our products.

Renoun Reverb (Noun/Verb instead of "renown")
Yoko Band-Splitter

Etc. etc.

Anyway, literally anything that affects the audio signal could be considered a filter in some regard. Your ears act as filters as well. Technically, you never hear "unfiltered" audio. So, it's a big pun for the nerds :lol:
Hahaha!!

Damn it, you called me out. I confess, I'm a nerd too.

I knew there was a sale coming so I held out for the last few months :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Tempted by the sale, and Unfiltered Audio Sandman got a discount for adding another plugin to the cart so got them both. G8 -> Sandman -> :wheee: :love:

100% unfiltered!

(Just for now, I hope)
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Ended up getting it.

Was trying to avoid spending the money because I already had a decent gate. However, Sonalksis doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence any more, so I'm bailing out now before I rely on them too deeply and the inevitable happens.

Then I realised G8 offers more than the average and since I was already into Plugin Alliance and the price was good, it made it a no brainer for me.

A friend also did the same thing.

Haven't gotten around to using it though.

just bite the promo :)

I just found this thread and notice that thelizard is affiliated with unfiltered audio so I am adding this feature request here in case thelizard sees it :) I just sent this email to Plugin Alliance (no contact info on the Unfiltered Audio web site) but want to make sure that the folks at Unfiltered Audio are aware of my request.

"Hello Plugin Alliance,

Apologies if you are not the correct company to contact but unfiltered audio does not have any contact info on their web site. I have a feature request regarding the G8 plugin. I bought it from you after using the CM version for a while. The CM version is a simplified version that I can insert on a track in FL Studio and it works right off the bat. The full version of G8 requires me to do some audio routing in FL Studio in order to be able to use it, even if I don’t use the expert mode.

What I am humbly requesting is a “lite” version of G8 that would come with the full version of G8. Everything would be identical to the full version minus the expert mode. A lite version that would function just like the CM version (no expert mode), and would work as soon as I inserted it on an effects channel in Fl Studio. This lite version would offer the additional options currently only available in the full version except for expert mode (It would have One shot mode, Cycle mode, and the option to use the dark GUI instead of the white one).

Could you please consider (and ask unfiltered audio to consider this?) Basically, to summarize, I am humbly requesting a lighter version of G8 that does not have expert mode that would allow me to use it in FL Studio without having to do any special audio routings while retaining the added functionality of the full version of G8 when compared to the CM version. You might say I should just use the CM version but it does not have the one shot and cycle modes and it does not have the option of changing the GUI to black. Also, the CM version will not be updated as frequently as the full version of G8 (if ever). Thanks for listening!

Sincerely,

Removed real name ;)
Last edited by pheeleep on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:I just found this thread and notice that thelizard is affiliated with unfiltered audio so I am adding this feature request here in case thelizard sees it :) I just sent this email to Plugin Alliance (no contact info on the Unfiltered Audio web site) but want to make sure that the folks at Unfiltered Audio are aware of my request.

"Hello Plugin Alliance,

Apologies if you are not the correct company to contact but unfiltered audio does not have any contact info on their web site. I have a feature request regarding the G8 plugin. I bought it from you after using the CM version for a while. The CM version is a simplified version that I can insert on a track in FL Studio and it works right off the bat. The full version of G8 requires me to do some audio routing in FL Studio in order to be able to use it, even if I don’t use the expert mode.

What I am humbly requesting is a “lite” version of G8 that would come with the full version of G8. Everything would be identical to the full version minus the expert mode. A lite version that would function just like the CM version (no expert mode), and would work as soon as I inserted it on an effects channel in Fl Studio. This lite version would offer the additional options currently only available in the full version except for expert mode (It would have One shot mode, Cycle mode, and the option to use the dark GUI instead of the white one).

Could you please consider (and ask unfiltered audio to consider this?) Basically, to summarize, I am humbly requesting a lighter version of G8 that does not have expert mode that would allow me to use it in FL Studio without having to do any special audio routings while retaining the added functionality of the full version of G8 when compared to the CM version. You might say I should just use the CM version but it does not have the one shot and cycle modes and it does not have the option of changing the GUI to black. Also, the CM version will not be updated as frequently as the full version of G8 (if ever). Thanks for listening!
Thanks for the detailed request. The FL Studio "feature" of summing all channels together automatically is a bit of an annoyance, to say the least.

This is something that we've been talking about for a future update. In general, I think it would be worth adding a simple button to the interface to mute the reject outputs (instead of maintaining a separate version of the binary). The button could be set to auto-mute when the plug-in is initialized in FLStudio. Would that be a good approach from a user standpoint?
Last edited by thelizard on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello and WOW in regards to the super fast reply. I am impressed.

I am not sure that your suggested method would work but I am open to any solution that would enable me to just drop G8 on an effects track in Fl Studio and have G8 be audible and fully functional (minus expert mode). Actually if you can get your method to work, that is indeed better than having a separate lite version :) I am just wondering if muting the rejected outputs would indeed make G8 audible on the track I insert it on in Fl Studio as is the case with the CM version of G8.

I will leave the technical details up to you but I am open to any solution you are willing to offer whether it be a separate lite version of the plugin or a switch that I can activate in the full version :) Thank you very much for listening and I am ecstatic that this is already being discussed for a future update :D Keep up the great work. G8 is a gem!
Play it by ear

Cubase latest + G8 VST3 works great.
Interesting options.
Nice.
- WonderEcho -

I have to ask, did you guys name your delay 'Sandman' after Neil Gaimans amazing graphic novel? I'm seriously almost tempted to buy it simply because of that!?

I still cant wait for Ryan's synth... That's gonna be somethin...

-Cheers

DeSynthesize wrote:I have to ask, did you guys name your delay 'Sandman' after Neil Gaimans amazing graphic novel? I'm seriously almost tempted to buy it simply because of that!?
Partially! The Sandman character is one that runs through the mythologies of various cultures. Gaiman's story introduced me to the character, but there are also a lot of great songs that played a role in the final name decision (Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" is a big one, especially if you've seen Blue Velvet... a few of the presets are named after the lyrics. Also, I love this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX45pYvxDiA)

Return to “Effects”