Waves central a complete bust!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those familiar with the issues that numerous users have experienced since waves central was introduced, I have exhausted nearly every possible remedy with no success whatsoever! I could never use it to download products, can't use it to make an offline installer, and it also will not install from the off-line installer I made using my 32bit Win7 laptop. There seems to be something specific about the 64bit version. I don't recall seeing complaints from anyone using 32bit systems? Nothing has changed with the latest updated Feb.2nd version.

The main work-around that many mention about the off-line installer... simply doesn't work in my case. Waves central will not install products under no circumstance on my 64bit machine. All other aspects of central works as expected with retrieving my licenses, listing my paid products as well as the entire waves catalog. However, installing any products is out of the question other than using the older v9.3 total product-line installer!

I was interested in purchasing a product they currently have on sale,but,that's a no go since since Waves offers no backup system, e.g. latest off-line installer in case of issues with central. With the number of issues that were reported at KVR, I don't understand how they could be that stupid to not offer an alternative download method! This is the first time I can truly say this copy protection scheme is absolutely horrific!
Last edited by pc2000 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

edited!

Overall my experiences with waves central have been negative. The final straw
for me was when I decided to disconnect my win 8 pc from my Microsoft account,
Waves central interpreted that to mean a completely different machine and thus
invalidated all my lic's. They offered to let me call them on my day off so they
could remotely poke around in my pc to see what was up. I was less than thrilled
with the prospect and have since written off the 4 or 5 lic's I have with them
as a loss.

Every similar copy protection scheme installed on my PC Ilok, etc didn't even
flinch at that, only the waves...

I no longer have any interest in their products I'm afraid...

-Cheers

I am on Win 7 64-bit. There's some workaround by deleting a couple of folders to make it work. Write to support, they will let you know about it. It worked for me, but I had to do it again later. A pain in the ...!

Waves are aware that there is an issue with the Central for accounts that use non-english characters.
They are working on fixing this and should have a fix soon.

it's really bizarre that every single time i read of plugin installer issues (or runtime issues) like this, they are always on windows. Like with sampletank needing run as admin or certain daws needing same.. Why can't it just be as simple as click and it works. Is this maybe another admin related issue?

All i can say from this end is that waves central hasn't spat a single error at me since the day it was released. I am only posting this just in case mac users come across the topic and they are put off waves plugins in fear of having issues.. I can assure you on mac everything works literally flawlessly. I keep on buying waves plugins and adding one new one here or there and still have not had an issue, as well as all updates to waves central, again no issue. No install issues, no licensing issues, nada.

I am really sorry for you windows guys that have to go through this sort of crap with so many different products. And it seems it's always related to the authorisation system the plugin/daw uses.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wrong system settings. Nothing to do with waves being faulty. Second link is Gui problems in an unsupported DAW from 2 years back, and is of ZERO relevance either. I guess you just wanted to troll and me click the links :lol:

congrats, it worked. :hihi:

Next time perhaps read i was talking about waves central and installation and not about the operation of plugins themselves anyway. Only the first link was relevant to what I was talking about (and i am still completely sure it was user error, it fascinates me that so many years after OSX's release, audio users still don't have the right firewall and gatekeeper settings).

regardless, even if there WAS some sort of widespread mac issue, it was very temporary. Windows and these same auth issues with C/R systems has been going on for years with multiple devs and too many topics to count.

I pretty much KNOW why i have never had issues with waves in 20 years though. that part is as obvious as anything... the fact that i ALWAYS make sure i am using the exact right version and a FULLY supported DAW and OS.. not bleeding edge el capitan just as it's out, etc.

I was trying to tell mac people they didn't have to worry, about waves at this stage ,and you bring up outdated legacy issues from the past. It's typical Tek to try seek and destroy someone's post or credibility, so i am not surprised. Cheers.

PS for those reading and want to know correct and safe mac settings, i have firewall in stealth mode but to automatically allow signed software. I also have gatekeeper on signed software only, therefore right click one time to override that on a per app or per installer basis.. that simple.. i can't believe people are still going in and temporarily disabling all their security.

If you stick to a DAW that is SUPPORTED by waves and ditto for OS version you won't have any issues on mac.

dll's for the win :)

TheoM - i never had problems with waves for years on windows. How you explain this? Miracle? :P

pixel85 wrote:TheoM - i never had problems with waves for years on windows. How you explain this? Miracle? :P

of course not.. that's likely the most COMMON scenario, to be trouble free. I explain it that your OS admin settings are correct, and that you are using a fully waves supported OS and DAW ;)

TheoM wrote: It's typical Tek to try seek and destroy someone's post or credibility, so i am not surprised. Cheers.
Typical Theo drama so i am not surprised. Cheers.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I am on Windows...not a single problem ever...and with 99% of the rest of the plugins
that many users experience all kinds of issues...except Cubase. I barely ever have a
problem with a plugin except obvious bugs...maybe once in 2-3 years due to my error.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:I am on Windows...not a single problem ever...and with 99% of the rest of the plugins
that many users experience all kinds of issues...except Cubase. I barely ever have a
problem with a plugin except obvious bugs...maybe once in 2-3 years due to my error.
Me too. Including the Cubase thing funny enough. :hihi: God knows why just Cubase. God knows why. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

TheoM wrote:
pixel85 wrote:TheoM - i never had problems with waves for years on windows. How you explain this? Miracle? :P

of course not.. that's likely the most COMMON scenario, to be trouble free. I explain it that your OS admin settings are correct, and that you are using a fully waves supported OS and DAW ;)
Just to be clear, I haven't had issues with running Waves plugins. The issue is only with Waves central running on my Win7 64bit. I also didn't have issues with the previous WLC application either. The central app runs and I can sign-in as well as see my products. However, I can't download any of the products nor make an off-line installer without getting a generic- Sorry an error occurred message! It can never tell you what actually happened as an error.

The interesting thing is that the offline installer I made with my 32bit system-also results in the same error message when I try to use the installer on my 64 bit Win7. Central detects the thumb-drive automatically, but still can't install any files without an error. If anybody tried discoDSP's Bliss sampler, you'll recall there were plenty of issues happening when they switched to visual studio 2015. They ended up switching back to an earlier version.

When central is installing, I see it's using 2005 redist versions. This old package may be causing conflicts on certain 64bit win systems that may or may not have certain updates. Central performs as expected on my 32bit Win7 laptop! When I originally posted my issue in the forum, I included a log from the windows event viewer that's generated consistently.

Here's the typical log: Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications\Waves Central\Waves Central.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications\Waves Central\WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release\WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release.MANIFEST" on line 8. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Definition is WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I don't get this error log on my 32bit Win7 machine. Again, central runs like it should. Another KVR member posted the same error log as I did in that same thread. Maybe Waves should step-up to using at least visual studio 2008 or making an exclusive 64bit version of central? Seems this problem can be easily fixed!

Return to “Effects”