Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

goatgirl wrote:Is Zebralette still available anywhere?
should install together with Zebra as usual.

I see it (I was looking for seperate file in the vst folder). Thanks Suloo.

I purchased Zebra2 / ZebraHZ (The Dark Zebra) just yesterday and wanted to let you know it works great overall on Debian 8 / kxstudio as a plugin in Ardour 4.6. I experienced a few crashes with ZebraHZ when playing intensivley with the X/Y controllers, I will check if I can reproduce the steps to let it crash and put a report in this forum.

One thing I noticed: The resize Option does not work correctly. If I set it to e.g. 120% the GUI will be zoomed but also it will be cut off at the right and bottom border. So the resizing of the graphics work but the overall display size is not increased. Also manually resizing the window does not fix this.
That's kind of a pitty because when working on complicated patches a larger view would be very welcome :).
I have not yet checked if this is an Ardour problem or a Zebra problem - I will check using the plugin in Carla and qtractor tonight.

Anyway - really great synth and ZebraHZ is really worth the extra bucks just for having the Diva filter :)

lentferj wrote:I purchased Zebra2 / ZebraHZ (The Dark Zebra) just yesterday and wanted to let you know it works great overall on Debian 8 / kxstudio as a plugin in Ardour 4.6. I experienced a few crashes with ZebraHZ when playing intensivley with the X/Y controllers, I will check if I can reproduce the steps to let it crash and put a report in this forum.

One thing I noticed: The resize Option does not work correctly. If I set it to e.g. 120% the GUI will be zoomed but also it will be cut off at the right and bottom border. So the resizing of the graphics work but the overall display size is not increased. Also manually resizing the window does not fix this.
That's kind of a pitty because when working on complicated patches a larger view would be very welcome :).
I have not yet checked if this is an Ardour problem or a Zebra problem - I will check using the plugin in Carla and qtractor tonight.

Anyway - really great synth and ZebraHZ is really worth the extra bucks just for having the Diva filter :)
Hi lentferj,

Those plugins are known to work very well under Bitwig Studio or Renoise, but Ardour have his own bugs like the UI resizing.

Thank you for the nice comments :)

Alex.

lentferj wrote: I have not yet checked if this is an Ardour problem or a Zebra problem - I will check using the plugin in Carla and qtractor tonight.

Are you using an open source video driver? I found resizing and other
windowing issues went away when using nvidia's official 3D driver,
or if you have AMD, try the latest Catalyst drivers if you don't
have them. I also have good experience using Zebra with
qtractor daw.
Cheers

abique wrote: Those plugins are known to work very well under Bitwig Studio or Renoise, but Ardour have his own bugs like the UI resizing.
You are right - it works in carla. Unfortunatley ZebraHZ lets carla crash immediatley. But that is a known problem and they implemented a workaround for other u-he plugins. I asked falkTX to put ZebraHZ on that list. But maybe you want to join in solving the underlying problem?

https://github.com/falkTX/Carla/issues/302

Regards, Jan
Last edited by lentferj on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

glokraw wrote: Are you using an open source video driver? I found resizing and other
windowing issues went away when using nvidia's official 3D driver,
or if you have AMD, try the latest Catalyst drivers if you don't
have them. I also have good experience using Zebra with
qtractor daw.
Cheers
I am on Intel graphics. And the resizing works in carla vst host, so actually seems to be an Ardour problem. They do have two issues open regarding that topic, too:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=6392
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=6323

Regards, Jan

Hi, got an address sanitizer error when running Bazille in Radium:

Closing VST UI: Bazille.64
~AM_Cairo_ViewMan (/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/u-he/workspace/sources/AM_View/AM_Cairo_View.cpp:44)
AM_ViewMan::unregisterViewsPreferenceListeners
unregister ViewMan from prefs
unregister DataGraph 8219 from prefs
AM_View_Interface::storeViewState() initialize.fxp
=================================================================
==3568==ERROR: AddressSanitizer: alloc-dealloc-mismatch (operator new [] vs operator delete) on 0x61100108f280
#0 0x7ffff6f05e6a in operator delete(void*) (/lib64/libasan.so.2+0x99e6a)
#1 0x7fffc37e9b7a (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x248b7a)
#2 0x7fffc3783813 (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x1e2813)
#3 0x7fffc37b5dbc (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x214dbc)
#4 0x7fffc37f4f5b (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x253f5b)
#5 0x7fffc3803fe6 (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x262fe6)
#6 0x7fffc37da47a (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x23947a)
#7 0x7fffc37da271 (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x239271)
#8 0xff2055 in juce::VSTPluginInstance::dispatch(int, int, long, void*, float) const ../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_processors/format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp:1351
#9 0xff4761 in juce::VSTPluginWindow::dispatch(int, int, int, void*, float) ../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_processors/format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp:2407

kmatheussen wrote:Hi, got an address sanitizer error when running Bazille in Radium:

Closing VST UI: Bazille.64
~AM_Cairo_ViewMan (/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/u-he/workspace/sources/AM_View/AM_Cairo_View.cpp:44)
AM_ViewMan::unregisterViewsPreferenceListeners
unregister ViewMan from prefs
unregister DataGraph 8219 from prefs
AM_View_Interface::storeViewState() initialize.fxp
=================================================================
==3568==ERROR: AddressSanitizer: alloc-dealloc-mismatch (operator new [] vs operator delete) on 0x61100108f280
#0 0x7ffff6f05e6a in operator delete(void*) (/lib64/libasan.so.2+0x99e6a)
#1 0x7fffc37e9b7a (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x248b7a)
#2 0x7fffc3783813 (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x1e2813)
#3 0x7fffc37b5dbc (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x214dbc)
#4 0x7fffc37f4f5b (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x253f5b)
#5 0x7fffc3803fe6 (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x262fe6)
#6 0x7fffc37da47a (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x23947a)
#7 0x7fffc37da271 (/home/kjetil/.vst/u-he/Bazille.64.so+0x239271)
#8 0xff2055 in juce::VSTPluginInstance::dispatch(int, int, long, void*, float) const ../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_processors/format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp:1351
#9 0xff4761 in juce::VSTPluginWindow::dispatch(int, int, int, void*, float) ../../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_processors/format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp:2407
Hi,

Thank you for the sanity check. This one is known and already fixed in our source tree. So wait for the next update ;-)

Alex.

@ abique,
thank you so much for all the work you guys are doing for the linux betas! Very unique instruments, and the sound quality is very nice indeed! (--and cpu usage is low as well (with Qtractor)).

Proud to have these in the linux arsenal (and added dedicated pages to a couple of them on my website--others to follow..)

brian
Tired of Windows? Linux offers hundreds of good distros. For more info:
DistroWatch
Some good synths for linux: www.linuxsynths.com

Is this the correct place for Linux bugreports?

I've found a bug in the latest Zebra2, 64bit:

When I open the "MIDI Table" page, there are entries for various MIDI controllers (because I added them using MIDI Learn). When I click the FIRST COLUMN of any of these entries, Zebra immediately locks up. Otherwise, everything on this page works OK. I can delete items, change their mode and type and MIDI control works correctly.

Hi guys,

fantastic to have these plugins on linux!

i have one question: now when i download and run the plugins on linux (with mixbus) they run in demo mode, is that right?

can i purchase a license to run them "full-version" on linux? and also cross plattform if i have i.e. a linux system on the same notebook?

thanks and keep up the great work!

Yes, you can buy plugins and use them on every supported platform, including Linux.

thanks phantom-one for the info!!

Me again guys,

purchased the license, and works great and flawless on my debian machine (bunsen labs..)

and i have some glitches on Manjaro (arch based distro):

I can load presets and everything works fine, but i cant load any objects in the synthesis section. I rightclick and see the objects, but as soon as i move the mouse they disappear and there s no way to select them.. I d like to provide some more debugging info on this but i m quite a noob on bug reports.., if of some help please guide me through some stepps..?`

Return to “u-he”