Help with Declicker Plug In for Protools

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can either help me or direct me to some information or how to site. I am an Audiobook Narrator who has always recorded in studios. I now have a home studio using Protools 12. I really need to be able to declick my tracks after recording. So I downloaded this great software and tried to use the demo. I opened the Declicker Plugin and hit the play button and I could hear it doing something but how do I save the changes so I can then bounce my file out? I know if you hit the bypass button you can hear the track without delicking but I want to declick then close it and bounce a declicked file. Help I'm not technical AT ALL so please in newbie terms. Kind Regards, D

If you're using your declicker as an insert on the track, it works 'live' on the audio in the track as you play the project.

Bouncing that to disk is the way to make a new, processed version with the declicking applied.

If you're not doing it that way, ie you're using the plugin via the Audiosuite menu instead, the 'render' button replaces the selected audio with a processed version of that selection, ie its not a live process (though the preview will be, more or less). If you dont use 'render', nothing gets changed.

Im not quite sure what 'changes' you want to save, but any settings changes you make to the plugin controls will be in effect from that point on.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hi. Okay I used it as an insert so yes every time I played it I could hear it but I tried to bounce it to disc whil it was still on and I got an error message I had to turn the insert off in order to bounce which I'm assuming means the declick isn't being bounced. so should I go through the audio suite and declick then try to bounce?

Danielaaudio wrote:Hi. Okay I used it as an insert so yes every time I played it I could hear it but I tried to bounce it to disc whil it was still on and I got an error message I had to turn the insert off in order to bounce which I'm assuming means the declick isn't being bounced. so should I go through the audio suite and declick then try to bounce?
That sounds pretty odd that you were getting an error message. What sort of error?
Which declick plugin is it?

But yes, doing it via the audiosuite menu would be your other option.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It could be simply a limitation of the demo.

Check back on the website to see what the demo limitations are.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”