New DMG Audio Limiter - Limitless!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Limitless

4damind wrote:The sync feature to reset loudness measuring is not working for me and has no effect (Cubase 8.5)
Has somebody tested this too?
The question is (and I'm still unsure on this) when /should/ it reset loudness?
Currently if you hit render, it'll reset at the start of the render, and show you the results at the end.

Should it reset on start of playback? (i.e. transport changed from stopped to play)?
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

DaveGamble wrote:
4damind wrote:The sync feature to reset loudness measuring is not working for me and has no effect (Cubase 8.5)
Currently if you hit render, it'll reset at the start of the render, and show you the results at the end.

Should it reset on start of playback? (i.e. transport changed from stopped to play)?
Yes, if the playback starts it should reset the loudness measuring. If I master a track and made my adjustments for level etc. I stop the playback, reset loudness measuring and start playing again because I need the overhaul loudness of the complete track and not the loudness since I work on this track.

4damind wrote:
DaveGamble wrote:

Yes, if the playback starts it should reset the loudness measuring. If I master a track and made my adjustments for level etc. I stop the playback, reset loudness measuring and start playing again because I need the overhaul loudness of the complete track and not the loudness since I work on this track.
Ok, so, for the next version it:
1. Pauses loudness whilst transport is stopped and unpauses on play.
2. If the pref for Reset Loudness is set to Transport, it resets the measurement at the start of playback, but leaves it alone at the end :)

Any good?

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote:
4damind wrote:
DaveGamble wrote:

Ok, so, for the next version it:
1. Pauses loudness whilst transport is stopped and unpauses on play.
2. If the pref for Reset Loudness is set to Transport, it resets the measurement at the start of playback, but leaves it alone at the end :)

Any good?

Dave.
Yes, very nice!
Pause loudness is also a very good thing and makes the whole measuring more usable => 1.03 ;)

This deserves a bump.

It's not in my budget for the intro offer, but someday.

(Just closed on another $1K worth of 5U/MU hardware synth modules for less than half price... w00t! You know you want a modular, Dave! Get KO one, too.)

If you can afford it, and need the best limiter... jump!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote: (Just closed on another $1K worth of 5U/MU hardware synth modules for less than half price... w00t! You know you want a modular, Dave! Get KO one, too.)
Generally if I'm spending on hardware it's components to build mics or pres, modulars always sound expensive. I'd like to design one with Dave, would be good fun. Hopeful we'll get around to revealing some of our long-term modular work for plugins in the next year too.

any more plans for creative effects ? ...or was pitchfunk it ?

anything to do with spectral, resynthesis, granular ... with lots of modulation options and a wide chooice of algos ... would be sweet : )

A DMG software modular synth environment would kick arse. :)

antithesist wrote:This deserves a bump.

It's not in my budget for the intro offer, but someday.

(Just closed on another $1K worth of 5U/MU hardware synth modules for less than half price... w00t! You know you want a modular, Dave! Get KO one, too.)

If you can afford it, and need the best limiter... jump!
Agreed, this deserves a demo if you are in the market for a very high quality limiter. Not for me ATM as I already have ProL, FGX and Ozone 7.
For me who "masters " in the project the CPU usage is an issue for some of the Multi presets but the single band ones use approx the same as ProL.
Is it better than above, easily as good as and sometimes better. It's quite difficult to compare it against three at a time.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Daags wrote:any more plans for creative effects ? ...or was pitchfunk it ?

anything to do with spectral, resynthesis, granular ... with lots of modulation options and a wide chooice of algos ... would be sweet : )
Much more plans. All secret for now... :)

woodsdenis wrote:It's quite difficult to compare it against three at a time.
Blind testing makes it a lot easier! Get them rendered out, then do the comparison.

I see that you use Ableton. It's not difficult at all if you create a macro and map the on/off switches to one knob.

It's easy if you know how

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote:
antithesist wrote: (Just closed on another $1K worth of 5U/MU hardware synth modules for less than half price... w00t! You know you want a modular, Dave! Get KO one, too.)
Generally if I'm spending on hardware it's components to build mics or pres, modulars always sound expensive. I'd like to design one with Dave, would be good fun. Hopeful we'll get around to revealing some of our long-term modular work for plugins in the next year too.
Nice... my DIY mic pres salute you!

If you build those and mics (haven't taken that leap), synth building should be easy and affordable by comparison.

Yes, reveal please!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote: If you build those and mics (haven't taken that leap), synth building should be easy and affordable by comparison.
Yeah, I'll get around to it, right after we've built some nice v76 valve pre's. :)

lesha wrote:
I see that you use Ableton. It's not difficult at all if you create a macro and map the on/off switches to one knob.

Very clever !! Will give it a try
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Effects”