Most hated Instrument of all time ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A fantastic race to last place.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

ariston wrote:
camsr wrote:If we take all of time into account, then surely it's the human voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-quQHNriV-Q

Cheap shot, but it does teach you something: conviction just isn't enough.
LOL thanks.

Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

ariston wrote:
camsr wrote:If we take all of time into account, then surely it's the human voice.

I knew who that would be even before clicking the link. And conviction might not be enough, but (hard as it is to believe) despite plentiful evidence, Jenkins was never convicted.

Bonus Trivium: When the Neptune pitch adjusting module was added to my beloved Reason, very few users understood the "labels" on it that read "Analysis design by FFJ" and "FFJ Analysis by Ken Lee." Thank you, Valentina Hasan, for the latter.

Meffy wrote:
ariston wrote:

I knew who that would be even before clicking the link. And conviction might not be enough, but (hard as it is to believe) despite plentiful evidence, Jenkins was never convicted.

Bonus Trivium: When the Neptune pitch adjusting module was added to my beloved Reason, very few users understood the "labels" on it that read "Analysis design by FFJ" and "FFJ Analysis by Ken Lee." Thank you, Valentina Hasan, for the latter.
So, FFJ was to the 40's what Jan Terri was to the 80's?

How can anyone hate banjos when there's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJej98_T0

Some new instruments made for Omniphere 3 shown in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9OhyDkOfZE

Q: Why does everyone hate an accordion right off?
A: Saves time.

Q: What's the range of an accordion?
A: Twenty yards if you've got a good arm!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:So, FFJ was to the 40's what Jan Terri was to the 80's?
I spent the 1980s avoiding most music, and had never heard of Jan Terri until now. Kind of similar, I guess, except FFJ was born into quite a wealthy family, but eloped and made her own way as a piano teacher. took voice lessons (didn't help), and gave private recitals in rented halls, with professional critics not invited. Such reviews as appeared were written by her friends, who used clever phrasings to avoid obvious harshness, or perhaps by herself.

She seems to have considered herself a consummate professional, up until, when in her seventies, she finally gave her first public concert — at Carnegie Hall no less — which meant the press could attend. The vicious reviews stung her badly. She had a heart attack not long after, and died soon after that.

Now that details of her life have come out, her story might be less funny than tragic. Her husband gave her syphilis. The disease or the toxic medications probably damaged her nervous system… but she might simply have been a supremely self-confident, terribly bad singer. No telling.

One thing's for sure. She had guts, persistence, and a darned good accompanist in the long-suffering, tolerant, and flexible Cosmé McMoon.

Meffy wrote: One thing's for sure. She had guts, persistence, and a darned good accompanist in the long-suffering, tolerant, and flexible Cosmé McMoon.
I actually harbour a ton of respect for FFJ. In this age of casting shows, with everyone going for sterile perfection (MOR hell), I feel there's a desperate need for people like her.

And more on topic, I don't think anyone's said it so far, so I will:

I LOVE all instruments. I love anything that makes a sound, because sound is what I live for. There's no good or bad, there's pretty and dainty and ugly and vicious and gnarly and nerve-wracking and soothing and... and we need all of these. Give me a banjo, accordion and bagpipe orchestra and have it play "Sailing"! Give me 10 children starting out on violins! I love it! More! There's nothing more heart-warming than a poorly played kazoo, or an elementary school recorder section ploughing through Mull of Kintyre.

ariston wrote:
Meffy wrote: One thing's for sure. She had guts, persistence, and a darned good accompanist in the long-suffering, tolerant, and flexible Cosmé McMoon.
I actually harbour a ton of respect for FFJ. In this age of casting shows, with everyone going for sterile perfection (MOR hell), I feel there's a desperate need for people like her.

And more on topic, I don't think anyone's said it so far, so I will:

I LOVE all instruments. I love anything that makes a sound, because sound is what I live for. There's no good or bad, there's pretty and dainty and ugly and vicious and gnarly and nerve-wracking and soothing and... and we need all of these. Give me a banjo, accordion and bagpipe orchestra and have it play "Sailing"! Give me 10 children starting out on violins! I love it! More! There's nothing more heart-warming than a poorly played kazoo, or an elementary school recorder section ploughing through Mull of Kintyre.
[FB]Like[/FB]
Blue Phase Music

Meffy wrote:I spent the 1980s avoiding most music, and had never heard of Jan Terri until now. Kind of similar, I guess, except FFJ was born into quite a wealthy family, but eloped and made her own way as a piano teacher. took voice lessons (didn't help), and gave private recitals in rented halls, with professional critics not invited. Such reviews as appeared were written by her friends, who used clever phrasings to avoid obvious harshness, or perhaps by herself.

She seems to have considered herself a consummate professional, up until, when in her seventies, she finally gave her first public concert — at Carnegie Hall no less — which meant the press could attend. The vicious reviews stung her badly. She had a heart attack not long after, and died soon after that.

Now that details of her life have come out, her story might be less funny than tragic. Her husband gave her syphilis. The disease or the toxic medications probably damaged her nervous system… but she might simply have been a supremely self-confident, terribly bad singer. No telling.
From what I could gather, she was a very talented pianist. However, it wasn't until she received a large inheritance that she began her singing career. My point was the similarity was that in both cases it was being rich, rather than talented, that meant we can enjoy them both today

Incidentally, I had also never heard of JT. However, her videos have been posted on here before :scared: :scared: :D

ariston wrote:Give me a banjo, accordion and bagpipe orchestra and have it play "Sailing"! Give me 10 children starting out on violins! I love it! More! There's nothing more heart-warming than a poorly played kazoo, or an elementary school recorder section ploughing through Mull of Kintyre.
someone call a doctor, this man is clearly very sick :-o

ariston wrote:
This is starting to sound like there might be more than one person (my mom) to whom I can sell records.

Return to “Instruments”