[classical/epic/fantasy] With The Might Of Angels

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Cafe folks,

Here's my next fantasy track called "With The Might Of Angels", incorporates a few genres from classical symphonic to lots of hybrid electronic elements plus a tiny bit of playing around with elements of bass music and some faint signs of breakbeat at parts. :-) Any feedback much appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/pal_zoltan_illes ... -of-angels

Using EW SO/Hollywood strings and brasses, SD2, Symphonic Choir, Gipsy and many Kontakt libraries hard to follow :)

Cheers,
p.

I think the orchestral elements and most of the percussion sounds great. However, I think the synth sounds clash with, rather than enhance the orchestral elements, especially the section at 1:40 - 2:15. I don't know if it's the choice of sound or the actual lines your playing, but it just doesn't work for me (on listening again, I think it's a bit of both).

As I said though, the other elements are great and you obviously know what you're doing.

I agree with Shangsean. It's a great track, and there are loads of interesting things going on with the orchestral and choral elements, but some of the synth parts don't seem to quite fit properly. I'd agree that 1:40-2:15 is the stretch in which this issue is the most apparent. I listened to that part several times to see if I could be more specific about what isn't working, but I'm still not entirely sure. I think the synth timbre might be a bit too "squishy," if you know what I mean.

Still, it's a fairly minor problem in what is otherwise a powerful, creative, and nicely-composed piece. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your replies! Much appreciated
You are spot on, I was varying with that part a fair bit, and the bass line those three unison synth give is not left in the best shape, I overlooked it.
I'll revisit that before it goes into final release.
Cheers,
P.

OOh, very dense! Your track lets the fantasy flow - I can
see magic figures dancing in an unreal scene ... What
I like is the integration of rhythmic motives into your
track. So it becomes agil and vivid! It's varied and
I enjoyed to listen the whole track. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Thanks Enroe for checking out and the feedback!

About the previous comments, I've rechecked the part which was mentioned as too strong on the synth front, and now see that i thought your comment was for another part of the track. The 1:40 - 2:15 part is intentionally a fusion of bass music, strong, squishy bass, a bit of dub stepish, so it was intentional, and actually the harmonies there are the ones I was going for, but now I see what you find "strange" in it, and I agree, that it's unusual, but that's part of this experiment, so there it goes. :)

In the meantime while looking at that, I've brushed the mixing and some other parts tho :)

Return to “Music Cafe”