i want your opinion

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since i started to produce deep-future house before long time, i think is the best music in the world
Here`s something that i always try to make : recorddeep.radio.net
Im about to buy a synth ! After alot searches i realise that :
SERUM is the best synth but i want to hear your opinion too
massive - serum - sylenth - hive - spire ... ?

I for one don't like the sound of Serum so my vote goes for Spire or Massive. :)

But if you like its core sound you'll be happy with it as it is definitely capable of the synth sounds I hear on your radio. You may also need a rompler for "real instruments" like piano, Rhodes or strings. So you may think about getting basic version of NI Komplete, which comes with Massive, Monark and FM8 to get you covered synthwise and also Kontakt library for real word stuff. I hear lots of moog-type basses on your radio, Monark is spot on for these.

Shouldn't it be moved to Instruments?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

No idea about that kind of music, but maybe these soundsets for Spire will be of interest to you:

https://youtu.be/Ny1MfzY2GCI

https://youtu.be/MPK4LioYnmw

Spire should be able to pull off most sounds in those genres really.

Hey!
I managed to get all of them and based on my opinion Sylenth is the most versatile one. It's really easy to achive any kind of sounds with it

pgalhardo wrote:It's really easy to achive any kind of sounds with it
Wow! That's great news.

Could you please tell me how I can make wavetable, additive, FM and granular syntheses with it then?
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
Wow! That's great news.

Could you please tell me how I can make wavetable, additive, FM and granular syntheses with it then?
I guess he meant for EDM music. :) But yeah, Sylenth1 is the least versatile one of those for sure.

Robmobius wrote:
Wow! That's great news.

Given its very basic design, the range of diverse sounds, that are actually musically useful, is surprising.

Feature count not always equals versatility.

recursive one wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
Wow! That's great news.

Given its very basic design, the range of diverse sounds, that are actually musically useful, is surprising.

Feature count not always equals versatility.
No it does'nt, but to say Sylenth can make 'any sound' is a tad naive. I have Sylenth and think it's a great subtractive synth (still one of the best IMO).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

oh man this NI komplete need 500 euro
im not so rich xD thanks for your answers btw
i isolated my room and buyed proffesional monitors couple months ago
so i can hear mant details of the sound , this fm8 dont sound so rich .
i already have a synth that called A.N.A but it not so good aswell.
these spire presets sounds a bit muddy when i turn the volume very high
sylenth was my first thought but that what i liked in serum that i can see the sound .
i can say that massive is a monster too ! i heard some massive presets and they was
rich & clean ! i think that you will agree with me that the difference from massive and serum is not big, im about to buy one of these two ! i like serum at the time cause its 30 euro cheaper than massive and that is what i saw before some hours :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtvpAxTe75E

Serum is newer than Massive, has more features, more clean/antialiased oscillators. If you like its sound and your CPU can tolerate it, look no further. I prefer the sound of Massive but many people do prefer Serum, that's purely a matter of taste

Getting Massive at the full price may be a bit pointless because NI do sales almost every year where you may snag the whole Komplete standard for 250 Euros or so.

I also have ANA and I agree that it is not very good. FM8 is nice synth but it won't do everything, it's designed to be on the thin/cold side.

Serum is very nice and easily can be the only synth you'll need for a long time. But there's always Synthmaster that can be more versatile (VA, FM, wavetable with user waves, additive, vector, multisample with soundfonts, upcoming granular..). And if Rapture pro works on your machine, it's synth/rompler/sample player in one package (I love it). Aaaaaand if you can wrap your head around it, I can't praise KarmaFX modular enough. You can VA, FM, Additive, sampler... And if you go to that modular route, you can find Reaktor from the marketplace for around 100e every now and then. If you buy that, you are eligible for that sweet upgrade price to Komplete.

Sweet at sales I mean.. 250e maybe?

Return to “Production Techniques”