Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antithesist wrote:Or audiodeluxe requiring a purchase... I buy from them occasionally, just to mix it up a little.

AD: You're sidelined... second thought, hit the showers!
To make it worse, they advertise on their newsletter a coupon code that can be use storewide, with Output products in the background. But when you put any Output product in the cart, the rebate with the code is 0$!!

It's been a while since I bought from Audiodeluxe, and with both those things, it will stay that way...

murnau wrote:
ariston wrote:
murnau wrote:Just got it from JRR as i was anyway there. Going to iZotope site would be an extra step I don't need. Thank you Eric.
... except, to download the actual plugin, you'll have to go there anyway.
I will download it when I visit my account anyway in a few weeks maybe. Still no extra step for me.
Right you have to login to your iZotope account anyways.. so it was an extra step. But if you're happy with that, that is your business. Don't wait for too long to register it on your account before your license goes *poof*..

No it isn't an extra step. It had would been if I didn't added it at JRR anyway.

Some people are funny talking about extra steps and in the same moment wasting time on KVR posting over and over again worthless advices. Me guilty too. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Ha... you're only talking about few mouse clicks anyway, had the asset in my ilok account probably within about a minute from sitting down at the computer.

I'd probably have gone through a non-hoser dealer to give them the traffic though, had I known, but found out about the iz direct route first.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Interesting debate :)

iZotope allowed the retailers to give away this (for a certain time free) product too so i don't quite get where the problem is with JRR? Maybe you blame iZotope that they didn't offer it exlusively? Or blame JRR that they didn't told you that you can get if from iZotope as well instead dared to offer it to their customers. LOL
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Nevermind, already answered:
Uncle E wrote:unregistered DDLY licenses will get disabled so they can't be resold.
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Since today is the last day for the sonarworks deal

https://www.jrrshop.com/sonarworks-reference-3-speaker

do we need the microphone for this to work?

How does the free headphones offer work?

If we only have a PC how does that limit us, here is what is included in the bundle.

The bundle includes:

1 instance of Sonarworks Reference 3 speaker and room calibrator software (Mac)
2 instances of Sonarworks Reference 3 speaker calibration AU, AAX Native, RTAS and VST plug-ins (Mac or Win)

Anyone know?

Thanks,

dw

dusted william wrote:Since today is the last day for the sonarworks deal

https://www.jrrshop.com/sonarworks-reference-3-speaker

do we need the microphone for this to work?

If we only have a PC how does that limit us, here is what is included in the bundle.

The bundle includes:

1 instance of Sonarworks Reference 3 speaker and room calibrator software (Mac)
2 instances of Sonarworks Reference 3 speaker calibration AU, AAX Native, RTAS and VST plug-ins (Mac or Win)

Anyone know?

Thanks,

dw
If you only have a PC you can't use Reference 3 as it's mac only for now. version 2.2 works with windoze. You need to use a Sonarworks mic with Reference 3 because it relies on the mic having been measured and the measurement file comes with the mic that is opened in Reference 3. I can't remember if the Reference 3 allows for other mics and what kind of file needs to be used if so.

I've posted a question here and emailed JRR about the free headphone plugin and how it works to get it. no reply yet so I have no idea and there is nothing I can find on the JRR site about it.

dusted william wrote:do we need the microphone for this to work?
It works the best with their microphone but it's not required.
Sonarworks told me you'll receive the license when you register.

plexuss wrote:I've posted a question here and emailed JRR about the free headphone plugin and how it works to get it. no reply yet so I have no idea and there is nothing I can find on the JRR site about it.
They told us it would be an automatic process but we've been having to email their support about it for several customers.

Thanks for answering all the questions.

I might wait until this room correction is available for the PC.

I actually have a mac and a PC, but I use my PC for my music. I don't really know what the room calibration software does?

I figured sonarworks would listen to your room and adjust your speakers appropriately. What exactly would we be missing with if we only used a PC?

Thanks

dw

If your Mac is a laptop it might still be worth getting. One of the things that bugs me with Sonarworks compared to ARC 2 is the licensing. You can only install Reference on one machine, with two installations available for the correction plugin. So in the interests of some degree of portability, installing it to a laptop makes sense, even if it's not your primary music machine. It's the speakers in your room that you're calibrating after all.

The room calibrator software is to aid in positioning the mic for analysing the room. Once it generates the frequency response curve of your room you then use that information with the plugin to "flatten" your mix. As the plugin is available on Windows, you could use a Mac laptop to generate the data and then use it with the Windows plugin on your main music PC.

dusted william wrote:I might wait until this room correction is available for the PC.
The cool thing about the current sale is you get 20% off AND a free headphone license.
I don't really know what the room calibration software does?
It EQ's out the acoustic modes in your room.
What exactly would we be missing with if we only used a PC?
The software probably just isn't compatible yet.

I wonder how long the "flash sale" at Admiral Quality will last.

Was supposed to end Feb 2, but still on now. Could be like the linplug sale that was to end Oct 31, or the 9V Volt Audio sale that was supposed to end several years ago :D

http://www.admiralquality.com/purchase/ ... .php?REDIR

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”