v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

thanks, yes, I was responding to arp discussion.

Hi Attila, thanks for your great work on the updates. But the loop-function is still not working properly. The playback doesn't react to the loop-buttons like it should be.

I just noticed a small typo in the "To" dropdown control of the Note Inspector in the Phrase Editor:

It should read "32nd Note", instead of "32th Note".

Also, please add to the "To" list, a quantize option for "16th Note Triplets".

Thanks.
Tony
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thank you, Tony! Both problems are fixed now!

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

wibem wrote:Hi Attila, thanks for your great work on the updates. But the loop-function is still not working properly. The playback doesn't react to the loop-buttons like it should be.
Hi wibem,
I have checked loop playback on OS X 10.10, but I could not reproduce any issues about it.
Wherever the playback position is, when the region and loop buttons are turned on, playback should always start at the beginning of the region.
So far no other users reported this problem, and I don't know how I could reproduce it.
Which audio interface and sampling rate do you use?
Is this bug in the standalone version? Do you use MIDI channels only, or also SF2/VSTi?

Thanks,
Attila

New beta version is available (v3.0b13)!

Improvements:
  • Rhythm browser added where you can store and retrieve rhythm patterns. Works similarly to the phrase browser. The custom rhythms folder can be set under Settings / Locations
  • New variation: "Apply Rhythm". You can slice notes of an existing phrase with a rhythm pattern.
  • Drag and drop rhythm from one phrase (or from browser) to another phrase works now. Use Ctrl-drag to drag a rendered rhythm, including any variations, or Ctrl-Shift-drag to drag the original rhythm, excluding variations. You can hold down the Ctrl key when dropping the rhythm pattern to add a new 'Apply Rhythm' variation to the phrase, regardless if that is a generator or a normal phrase. Dropping the rhythm (without Ctrl) will replace the rhythm in a phrase generator, or will add an 'Apply Rhythm' variation to a normal phrase. If there is already an 'Apply Rhythm' added to the phrase, dropping will not add another one, but will replace the rhythm in the existing 'Apply Rhythm' variation. It sounds complicated, but you will see it is very powerful and logical...
  • 16th note triplet option added to Quantize
  • Fix UI layout problems in some lists
  • Saving generator presets did not work, which is fixed

Rhythm browser... Apply Rhythm... Yay! :D :tu:

Hello Attila!
Thank you for the new beta!
How to save the rhythm of the phrase in a rhythm browser?
Sincerely lulukom

uhmm, same MG preset in v2 and v3
(in the v3 all note lengths : 1/16)

Hello !
I guess I'm the stupidest member of the forum!
I know how to save (selected phrase) in the browser phrases!
This is called SAVE selected phrase!
That's what I'm smart!)
But how to save Rhythm (selected phrase) in a rhythm browser?
Ha ha! I DO NOT KNOW ! Where is the command?
Tell me please !

Excellent and much awaited addition, dear Attila, many thanx for rhythm browser & Co :tu: !
Finally my dream came true :hihi: - RC is almost perfect now (sure, new "universal idea tool" proposed in future versions would add yet another creative dimension to its power, but I am quite happy with it's current possibilities for now :party:).
Just one pending question, though - as lulukom already mentioned, it's not obvious so far how to save manually created/edited rhythm patterns from (or with the help of) phrase browser?
E.g., if I apply a rhythm from some of my custom phrases to another phrase: what I have to do after that, if I want to store that applied rhythm in "special directory/folder"?
Also I would like to clarify whether it's possible to use the same main folder for "custom phrases" for "custom rhythms" (in Location settings)? I just noticed that if I specify it this way there, RC makes "some additional calculations" (about 30 secs in the case of my huge custom phrases dir 8) ) and then it shows ALL my phrases as "rhythms" inside updated rhythm browser (RB). BUT if I close the program and then reopen it, RB doesn't show them again and I have to repeat the procedure (in Location settings).
P.S. Dear Lulukom, don't worry, you are not alone in the new "stupid users club" :D :hug:

Thank you ! Now I am calm! I'm not alone !

Hi there,
i hope i understand correctly your Q.
there is "Custom Rhythm Patterns:" in the Settings/Locations tab, so you can define your dedicated-custom rhythm folder.

about the saving rhythm
:)
i am in there too
yes it seems currently possible only if phrase is Generator
(Save Rhythm button right of the Save button in the inspector/generator properties tab)
so i couldn't find the way of the save rhythm from regular phrase.

Why, then, we need this browser?
I need to store the rhythms and grooves of different phrases and MIDI export files and played in real time phrases? But not only ready-made examples

I'm so stupid it isn't funny.

Can we share some of the stupid presets made by stupid users somewhere?
Also fantastic presets by stupid and non-stupid users are welcome.

P.S. I had to reset my pc due to hd problem and now I am trying to unlock RC.
I paste my code into the unlock field and click the unlock button, but nothing happens.
Any help appreciated.

Edit: I needed to press Enter first and then click Unlock. Now I'm back again, watch out!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”