Volume and pan automation - not working in T6 - HELP!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted this in the T6 bugs section, but thought it might get lost there.

Version 6.3.0

T user since the T1 NFR from NAMM way back when.

I've never experienced this issue before, I can't get the volume and pan automation to work for individual track volume/pan filters.

For that matter, it doesn't appear that ANY automation is working. I just tried putting an aux send 1 filter on the same track and set an automation curve for the send level and no response to the filter there either.

This basically kills any ability to do any mixing whatsoever.

Nothing I could do could fix it except to delete the edit and rebuild using my recorded tracks. One thing I did different is I did not delete any sections of my recorded audio and just automated the volume to allow the bits through that I wanted. In the prior edit, I had split the audio into clips and deleted the unwanted clips. I wonder if this caused the issue?

Do you have the automation play botto on is it highlighted

lay it prodctions wrote:Do you have the automation play botto on is it highlighted
As far as I know. Does T6 not default to the Automation button being on after setting up an automation curve, because all previous versions had automation on as soon as you set the automation, as far as I know.

Mine is not on by default. Look but to the left of your play button on your transport controls. You should see 2 buttons with A's on them one with play symbol and one with record symbol and they do what they show automation play and record and you can set one on at a time or record and play automation at the same time.

Are you sure the automation read button isn't on by default? It should be filled in mostly green in the 'on' state for new Edits.
The write button is off by default.

I will have to check in a new edit. This could be my lack of experience using T6. I kind of jumped from regular T3 use to T6.

Make sure your Automation Read button is selected as solid green in your Transport. It's the second button to the left of the Play button. This solved the problem for me.

Return to “Tracktion”