Chromaphone 2 incoming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

.jon wrote:I've sold my Tassman years ago, and uninstalled VA-1, VA-2 certainly wasn't worth upgrading.

I'm not sure if AAS knows what they are doing these days, which is a real shame as they have some amazing tech that deserves better product management and UX design.
Yeah, I get the feeling the captain is asleep at the wheel. I once contacted them about adding a more useful implementation of aftertouch and perhaps a modmatrix and he was all, "Oh yeah. That would be a good idea. Don't hold your breath." I imagine after that he had a nice bath.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Can anybody tell me why they hide the left/right arrows on the bank and program selectors in version 1, until you mouseover? That's almost as irritating as Youtube hiding the volume control until you open it with the volume button - another pointless 'design feature'.
What's worse, the left/right arrows don't immediately appear when your mouse is over them, you have to wait a fraction of a second too - why? (So you end up having to move your mouse a second time, to actually hit what was an invisible target.)
Oh, and I only just noticed that the MIDI light stays on and slooooowly fades out after receiving a note, so you can't clearly see when notes are going in, just that 'a' note has gone in at the beginning. Who designs these things?

I really hope they include pitchbend and the loading of tuning files.

Pitch bend and aftertouch are very needed.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

polyphonic aftertouch please.

the modulation options on the interface were very limited in V1 so unless that design has changed significantly, I think it would hard to add many more mod sources.

I hope all v1 presets are fully compatible with the new and shiny, please not another update orgy mess...

gui.. ugh. not digging it. it has a modwheel and pitch bend wheel over in an ocean of plastic looking UI space. it looks like someone made a bad looking plastic hardware synth and then made a realistic gui of that

edit: the 'edit' window looks way better. larger and more clearly laid out.
Last edited by dayjob on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PHY6 wrote:I really hope they include pitchbend and the loading of tuning files.
They have

aMUSEd wrote:
PHY6 wrote:I really hope they include pitchbend and the loading of tuning files.
They have
That's great news! I missed that so much in v1.
Hope to see more materials algos and sources. From the pic I can't really tell.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

aMUSEd wrote:
They have
Where does it mention the ability to load tuning files? I only skimread so may have missed! If that's the case Chromaphone might survive my coming purge of non-microtunable VSTs >_<

The latest versions of their other plugins now have a "Tune' button that allows for loading tunings, and it's there in the C2 screenshot as well.

aMUSEd wrote:The latest versions of their other plugins now have a "Tune' button that allows for loading tunings, and it's there in the C2 screenshot as well.
Oh sick. Thanks.

This had better be compatible with previous presets - I have a ton of presets I made myself and third party banks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eewz_CaWh3Q

Here is a video from the NAMM ;)
Personally the GUI looks great in the Edit Mode
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

An arpeggiator and some effects? No thanks.

While at it, "Applied Acoustic Systems" seems the wrong name for a company who makes software. Doesn't even hit the "acoustic" world until it comes out of other people's hardware. I think it's time for a rename. "Applied Software Systems." The logo will be great.

A|S|S

:lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”