Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:Elektron Machinedrums and Monomachines price reduced up to 43% off at JRR Shop:

www.jrrshop.com/elektron

UW Machinedrum $999
MD Machinedrum $599
MM Monomachine $799
Does this mean they are being discontinued by Elektron?

Is there something new coming down the pipe from them?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:Does this mean they are being discontinued by Elektron?

AFAIK, it's just a price reduction.

Uncle E wrote:
Gribs wrote:Does this mean they are being discontinued by Elektron?

AFAIK, it's just a price reduction.
From the announcement on Elektronauts (http://www.elektronauts.com/home/news):

"To put any doubts to rest it is important to stress that the price reduction is not because of any successors being on the horizon. Also, let us remember that the Machinedrum and Monomachine won’t be around forever."

To me this suggests the units might be discontinued. There is much discussion on the elektronauts forum and also the MW forum.

I have just the RYTM right now (purchased from JRRShop!) but I have owned a MD+UW, A4, MnM, and OT in the past. At some point I had to make a rule "just one groovebox". I must say that the new prices are very tempting though.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Uncle E, do you have any Sonarworks license left at sale price? When I have my internet connection the sale is already over. Thanks :)

Uncle E wrote:
plexuss wrote:I've posted a question here and emailed JRR about the free headphone plugin and how it works to get it. no reply yet so I have no idea and there is nothing I can find on the JRR site about it.
They told us it would be an automatic process but we've been having to email their support about it for several customers.
Same here. No extra license.

Is there any compelling reason (besides GAS) to pick up the Waves CLA-3A today if I already have MJUC and the new Nomad Factory Bus Driver? I have a Waves voucher that would drop the price down another $12.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Just to inform those interested.
After eyeing the Sonarworks Reference 3 Headphones plugin for several months, on Monday I went for the 20% discount offer (ended Feb 10th), especially because it just received SOS editor's choice award and an ongoing BOGOF would be added (in the case of the Reference 3 Headphones).
Uncle E wrote:
_emanon_ wrote:At the moment, JRRShop with "FORUM" coupon seems to give the best price.
Maybe they extend the generous extra license offer too? (not sure, YMMV)
https://www.jrrshop.com/catalogsearch/r ... sonarworks
Any Sonarworks purchase by February 29 receives a free Headphone Plugin license. This goes together with the current sale prices that end February 10: http://www.jrrshop.com/sonarworks
Since then, I had good communication with Karl from Sonarworks support. Who basically confirmed what i found when installed the plugin: There is only a limited amount of Headphones profiles. Quite small database I reckon. And my dear Senns HD 380 PROs are not on the lucky ones' list.
As he explained, I should not use other profile on mines. I know HD 380 PRO has the same drivers (but different cans) that HD 590, so it would somehow fit... but HD 590 are not there either.

Then karl included a link for the alternative route; getting my actual cans individually profiled (which produces a +/-1dB fit as opposed to the +/-3dB from the averaged generic profile).
http://sonarworks.com/headphones/indivi ... alibrated/
However its price there is $158 for the calibration service (not clear if it includes shipping).
Which in my case (living at farthest Southamerica) is a nono.

//Some conclusions:
-I should have read more carefully about the whole deal. I have been considering several speaker calibration software (as recommended by Bob Katz) for more than a year and those rely on your own measuring set, so results vary with the mic, pre, DAC and all relevant parts of the chain. Headphones are a different matter and so I went for a novel (and $ accessible) approach, without fully understanding it. Now I see that JRRshop info does gives the restriction list and Sonarworks website also places it somewhere (not so obvious).
Therefore this is a warning for those -like me- to read and fully understand what is a Headphone Calibration Software.
-Visibility of information. As with most novel technologies (or uses) there is room for misunderstandings. Sonarworks is going thru changes and so nowadays their site and communication comes as varied (to say it mildly). That link above says individual calibration costs $/EUR158, whereas another page (linked at their homepage) http://store.sonarworks.com/collections ... alibration says cost is EUR88. Careful reading shows the difference is the included Plugin. My mindset about this product class misdirected me, but this could be averted with a bit more care from their site.
-I shared with Karl the notion of offering discounts (or reimbursments) to those who send their cans for individual calibration, given those are in a "wanted" list. He said, it fell on the marketing side of Sonarworks. He also mentioned they are implementing a polling system, so they will know better about the wanted list. Crowdsourcing seems as a very important tool for developers with these kind of product. In case they want a wider consumer base. There is abundant literature to get it right. Otherwise, in case they prefer to stay niche, offering only boutique products to top paying customers, that is another game entirely.
To do both... or even to differentiate customers/needs with specialty products and releases (and the myriad offers available) is an art; a very rewarding art, that allows -until then unattainable- access for those with limited resources, usages, etc. This very forum thread is an excellent example about it.
Technology and Art together, -used consciously-, make us better :hug:

server error
Last edited by kingryan on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

server error
Last edited by kingryan on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Nspace Or wait for an offer. They offered it for free last year. I still have to send both my HD600's in though, but I only have to pay shipping.

@Kingryan, thank you for your triple! attempt to share the cue.
kingryan wrote:@Nspace Or wait for an offer. They offered it for free last year. I still have to send both my HD600's in though, but I only have to pay shipping.
Sometimes one doesn't know the post is actually there

Fleer wrote:Interesting debate :)
lol, indeed!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

murnau wrote:iZotope allowed the retailers to give away this (for a certain time free) product too so i don't quite get where the problem is with JRR? Maybe you blame iZotope that they didn't offer it exlusively? Or blame JRR that they didn't told you that you can get if from iZotope as well instead dared to offer it to their customers. LOL
For the record, I have no problem with JRR at all, especially concerning this, but I do think it's a slimey move on audio deluxe's part to require a purchase.

Otherwise, I think we beat this one to death.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:but I do think it's a slimey move on audio deluxe's part to require a purchase.
+1

Any 3rd party seller have Halion 5 lower than their valentine 50%?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”