curious about Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now I'm sure I'm getting Omnisphere.
Anxiously waiting for the package to arrive :tu:

wagtunes wrote:
In short, people love to argue. Why, I don't know. But they do.
I DO NOT!!

Thanks for drawing my attention to Omnisphere, guys. It's a godsend.
Synth to end all synths. Just love it :tu:

Fleer wrote:Thanks for drawing my attention to Omnisphere, guys. It's a godsend.
I downloaded the upgrade to 2 a few hours ago, and I'm speechless. :tu:

declan32001 wrote:
Fleer wrote:Thanks for drawing my attention to Omnisphere, guys. It's a godsend.
I downloaded the upgrade to 2 a few hours ago, and I'm speechless. :tu:
You feel ripped off or ...? :ud:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I'm very happy. It was disconcerting that I was so clumsy at first, but it was Friday night. :party:

So, are there customers that bought/upgrade to Omnisphere 2 and got it working that feel not happy now? [ I guess very few if any :wink: ]
My prime conclusion that Omnisphere 2 is a great tool if one can afford it. Still, reading the manual, demoing it in the shop and see additional videos are good things to do before buying it. Well, it would be better if one knows someone near who has it and can kindly show/play the impressive things.

mostlyjustj wrote: Haha.... ok, HONESTLY now, do you think that Luftrum and The Unfinished have put out soundsets for Omnisphere because they were so incredibly inspired by the amazing new ways they could shape audio with Omnisphere that they just couldn't help themselves? Or could it *possibly* be because it is a massively popular synth that tons of people have already paid hundreds of dollars for (many of whom like to use lots of presets, let's face it) and they are inspired at least somewhat by being able to pay the bills? Simon at Sampleconstruct has written plenty on this forum why he won't be releasing soundsets for Omni. It's just not as flexible as many of the other options.
EDITED: Meh.

EnGee wrote:So, are there customers that bought/upgrade to Omnisphere 2 and got it working that feel not happy now? [ I guess very few if any :wink: ]
Yes, not feeling happy because it takes too much CPU and therefor I rarely use it in productions, but that's my problem of course. :wink:

Just don't have the time to upgrade my production machine, so a lot of really got stuff sits here unused. Still if I had to chose one VST, O2 it would be. :tu:

2ZrgE wrote:
EnGee wrote:So, are there customers that bought/upgrade to Omnisphere 2 and got it working that feel not happy now? [ I guess very few if any :wink: ]
Yes, not feeling happy because it takes too much CPU and therefor I rarely use it in productions, but that's my problem of course. :wink:

Just don't have the time to upgrade my production machine, so a lot of really got stuff sits here unused. Still if I had to chose one VST, O2 it would be. :tu:
:lol: I know this feeling!

I was resisting any cpu hungry plug for a while now, then just few days ago I changed my strategy (and the power options) then I bought Bazille! I love it even sometimes one key press make the CPU 80% and I hear crackles, still love it. So I can understand the love for O2 ;)

I'm curious, did any of you Omnisphere 2 users try out the free Atari Avalon patch expansion?

Looks very retro-cool! :hyper:

This soundset is a celebration of the old Steinberg Avalon software for the Atari ST and contains all the original samples as well as all the virtual synthesizer constructions. Apart from providing the raw sounds, we’ve also used the features of Omnisphere to take the sounds to new levels.

http://www.plughugger.com/freebies.html

Return to “Instruments”