Chromaphone 2 incoming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not keen on the arp, I would have thought a proper phrase sequencer would be more appropriate to this type of plugin - are they trying to woo the EDM crowd again?

To me it looks more as if they put all the same stuff into all their plugins one by one.
AFAICS there is little work done on the actual tech behind the sound engine anymore and the updates are mostly about the outside, otherwise there could be a lot more exciting stuff happening.
It's a bit sad, but as it is I expect not much real innovation from AAS.
The results from the 64klang2 demo synth had me more impressed in the physical modelling realm:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=444375
Still I love what's there already and especially Chromaphone is in my personal top 5 of all times.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Sampleconstruct wrote:I hope all v1 presets are fully compatible with the new and shiny, please not another update orgy mess...
I've been told that v2 will convert v1 presets - and that the conversion works pretty well. :party: There may be some minor differences in the effects (possibly depending on what effects are employed - and there will be new ones, like the compressor). The other important thing is that the new membrane algorithm will be in addition to the existing one, not replacing it. :party: Hopefully it won't take too much work to update soundsets, and may open up a few new possibilities as well.

I haven't squinted too closely at the new GUI, but, like most people it seems, I'm hoping for some more modulation options too. A new model will be nice though :tu:
Last edited by coincidental on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

coincidental wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I hope all v1 presets are fully compatible with the new and shiny, please not another update orgy mess...
I've been told that v2 will convert v1 presets - and that the conversion works pretty well. :party: There may be some very differences in the effects (possibly depending on what effects are employed). The other important thing is that the new membrane algorithm will be in addition to the existing one, not replacing it. :party: Hopefully it won't take too much work to update soundsets, and may open up a few new possibilities as well.

I haven't squinted too closely at the new GUI, but, like most people it seems, I'm hoping for some more modulation options too. A new model will be nice though :tu:
Great, that's good to know! :tu:

MillerSam wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eewz_CaWh3Q

Here is a video from the NAMM ;)
Personally the GUI looks great in the Edit Mode
This guy looks great in any mode :)

I actually don't mind the GUI changes to this in this one. But they still have the same system of the modulators being under the control and they seem to have the same ones as before generally (key, velocity and sometimes ENV or LFO). SO I don't see how the modwheel comes in and no aftertouch.

Yes it would really suck if the MW is still just hard assigned to fake vibrato, and no aftertouch means you can't do real vibrato or bends.

I discover this video, you can see EDIT interface and hear some sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eewz_CaWh3Q

Oberheim 8000 wrote:I discover this video, you can see EDIT interface and hear some sounds.
Yes that is the video we are discussing that was posted on the previous page and quoted on this one a few posts up.

Aha, I apologize. I was think I read all pages, because I read it some time ago.

This plugin could really benefit using tuning files. As it lends itself perfect for making ethnic/world music pitched percussion sounds.

PHY6 wrote:This plugin could really benefit using tuning files. As it lends itself perfect for making ethnic/world music pitched percussion sounds.
Reading back, I already mentioned this in this thread...totaly forgotabout it.
Good news ! :tu:

Chromaphone has always been one of my favourite synths - I love to use it in combination with XFer's Cthulhu - and I wonder how they can make it even better. Yes: when used in standalone mode it misses a pianoroll/sequencer but it is not the only one.

Yet, after jumping rather mindlessly on Iris 2, Iris being another of my favourites, I guess I'll be a bit more cautious this time. This is not meant as negative because I do sincerely hope we all will be pleasantly surprised by the new Chromaphone.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5G2Iz4IrbQ

Sounds still fantastic, as v1

But what are the key differences? New features coming? Or just a graphical over/under-haul?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/aas-c ... s-release/

New EQ, compressor, multi-effects, new drum skin model, arpeggiator, all modules "reviewed in order to endow Chromaphone with a sharper response and make it even more expressive"

Return to “Instruments”