Elektron Classics on sale!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://eu.elektron.se/2016/02/massive-p ... -machines/

"Massive price reductions on the silver machines.

Our shelves contain too many Machinedrums and Monomachines. Simply put, we are a tad over-stocked. To remedy this we permanently lower the prices for these venerable machines.

The new prices are:
Machinedrum UW*: 1099 EUR | 999 USD
Machinedrum: 699 EUR | 599 USD |
Monomachine: 899 EUR | 799 USD |

To put any doubts to rest it is important to stress that the price reduction is not because of any successors being on the horizon. Also, let us remember that the Machinedrum and Monomachine won’t be around forever."

I'm tempted now :lol:
:borg:

Tempting. Although I am a bit bummed that they didn't make Overbridge available for the older machines.

Anyway, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I have wanted a Machinedrum for years, never got around to buying it.

And yet again the European's get bumf***ed.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yup... I was contemplating to go to an exhibition in Las Vegas in april... this might just be a reason to do it ;)

Mushy Mushy wrote:And yet again the European's get bumf***ed.
The euro prices include VAT. US prices typically do not because sales tax varies from state to state.

I'm sure there needs to be a sticky at the top of this page to point this out.

duncanm wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:And yet again the European's get bumf***ed.
The euro prices include VAT. US prices typically do not because sales tax varies from state to state.

I'm sure there needs to be a sticky at the top of this page to point this out.
Yes sure I get that, but lets take the following quick and dirty example.

Machine Drum UW (simply because it was the first on the list)

EUR price 1099 EUR (equates to $1,242 using todays rate at xe.com)
USD price 999 plus sales tax of 9.45% (the highest in the US according to a quick Google) = $1,093.

I retract the extremity of my "bumf***d" comment, but it's hardly parity.

That said, the US volume may be causing the variable costs per unit to come down.

I do agree that it's a bit weird, especially as they're based in Europe as well. I can't even say, 'well, maybe it's the swedish Krona's relationship to both currencies' that messing things up as it's still better to be US based.

duncanm wrote:I do agree that it's a bit weird, especially as they're based in Europe as well. I can't even say, 'well, maybe it's the swedish Krona's relationship to both currencies' that messing things up as it's still better to be US based.
Indeed. I'm sure there are genuine reasons and Elektron aren't sitting around the boardroom considering ways to screw us over. It's just frustrating really.

Yes, this is often very confusing. Living in the same country (or in my case sometimes in the same city) as the manufactor and the price for locals is higher than for the rest of the world? Strange times...

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Local taxes, VAT, and also I think that something prevents, a law, US stores to show the price with VAT included in some states.

Also if compnents come from other countries different import taxes apply. Rules for this are very complicated, stuff like "If less than 50% of compnents come froma country without trade agreemnt an import tax applies" And this kind of rules are different between US and EU.

Anyway when this price difference occurs remeber than US citizens doesn't have paternity/maternity paid leave, paid vacations and universal health care by law. I would happily exchange the price difference for the wealfare state in Europe.
dedication to flying

what about people who don't live in the EU or USA ? .... they get to pick their currency, it's obvious which one to pick in that case.

I almost bought a Machinedrum UW a couple a weeks ago, but decided on the Analog Keys instead :love:
But with the new price it's damn difficult not to buy this one as well.

MUST. RESIST.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:I almost bought a Machinedrum UW a couple a weeks ago, but decided on the Analog Keys instead :love:
But with the new price it's damn difficult not to buy this one as well.

MUST. RESIST.

/C
You do it and I'll do it! ;)

BDeep wrote:Tempting. Although I am a bit bummed that they didn't make Overbridge available for the older machines.
They couldn't even if they wanted to as the older machines don't have the necessary audio interface hardware inside, let alone a USB slot!

Overbridge Shmoverbridge.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”