Poll for Ozone Users above V5, regarding the gate being removed from the dynamics

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Would you like Izotope to bring back the GATE to ozone's dynamics?

Yes, i am a long time ozone user and very upset they removed it in version 6 onwards
41%
Yes, i think such a feature would be useful, although I haven't used a previous version of ozone with it
16%
No, I didn't even notice it was removed post ozone 5, as I never used it.
31%
No, i am simply not interested in a multi band gate
12%
It would be a good feature, but i already have another multiband gate I use instead.
No votes

Total votes: 51

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have used the gate many times (controlling the bass sustain of a hand drum for example). I am still using v5 and have not upgraded due to the removal of features and not seeing any advantageous updates beyond what I can do with my other plugins (already have dynamic eqs, etc).

hey Eric, that's why i also hung onto 5 for so long.. didn't go to 6 at all, 7 was too tempting cause of the crazy cheap bundle upgrade to get into advanced. I only wish my license for 7 advanced would let me run 5 advanced so i could use a couple of those modules as separate plugins. particularly the multi band dynamics(my v5 license is ozone vanilla). Oh well. Just have to use the main big plugin.

The above reasons all factored into the decision to sell my Ozone 5 Adv license last year. The other reason is the price difference (including upgrade price) between Standard and Advanced. I understand charging extra for Insight and real features. Developers need to make a living. But charging DOUBLE to access separate plugins for which the code already exists in the base product...???

I replaced Ozone by purchasing FabFilter's full product line. Their sound quality, usability, and business model are everything I had hoped Ozone would be. Now, Ozone only exists in my future if I find Advanced on the 2nd-hand market for approximately 25% of list price. (And the same goes for any future upgrades/versions.)

EDIT: And for the record - the absolute price of the product isn't the hangup for me. I've spent every bit of the list price of Ozone Advanced multiple times over on FabFilter, Waves, Softube, Native Instruments, SoundToys, Plugin Alliance, etc. Even Waves' notorious WUP is justified, when I can upgrade the full lineup (83+ individual plugins) for $300 WUP.

Hi guys so sorry I forgot about this completely :dog:

here's a much needed bump to get some more votes to finalise it :)

xamido wrote:Never use the gate anyway with v5, so i have no issue with the removal. What i hate is the reverb removed since they're mid/side and i like to use them a little when i get a really dry mix file.
+1

more votes please!

I have been doing some research..

tc electronic all multi band dynamics tools include expander/gate (arguable the leader in multi band dynamics tools)

same with blu at audio

Ditto with mcdsp ML4000

ditto with fab filter pro MB

and more..

so why did izotope do this? I still can't make sense out of it.

Also, izotope.. just so you known your digital crossovers at higher slopes, cause insane amounts of resonance/ringing. Painful actually.

So please give a slope option for your default hybrid crossovers

Return to “Effects”