SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

I don't need it... I don't need it... But man, these audio demos are wonderful. :cry: It sounds like a Prophet VS from the future.

fceramic wrote:Some suggestions:
The mod matrix should be right by the modulation section for a better flow, especially with how it currently functions.
I would consider a faster way to assign modulation like right click options or a quick assign function like in DCAM. Modulation seems to be the biggest feature so it should be easy to access.
LFOs need to be faster to edit. Find ways to lessen the amount of steps for getting interesting sequences. Currently it seems like it was designed to require the most amount of clicks!
The LFO steps amount should be edited in the sequence and the default value of a step should be 127.

When it comes to looks I like the font and the differently size knobs, but I would make it a bit less contrasty and make those knobs look like actual knobs and not mahole covers.

Update: As a long time AD my advice for UI design is always: Copy then adapt. Find a reference you know works, copy it, then adapt it to your features.

Here's a quick edit with some adjustments to the layout and a suggestion for a minimal knob that goes with the rest of the theme which mostly seem to follow a flat design type.
That's a great layout suggestion, +1.

Right click mod assignment +1
Actually seeing on the knob itself what modulates it (eg LFO2 on Filter 1 Freq, instead of the manhole design :) ) would be killer.
Then the animation on the mod amount as a ring (say corona, serum) would make it far easier to understand a patch.

The mod matrix is still there for an overview of all modulations, for combining two mod sources with those weird operators, etc.But much of the modulation action could be seen looking at the knobs themselves.

Geez if Simon is going to release some banks for this well......

thejonsolo wrote:Geez if Simon is going to release some banks for this well......
That seems inevitable :phones:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Geez if Simon is going to release some banks for this well......
It does sound great Simon. How do you personally feel about the GUI. I'm having problems dealing with it, though I've seen worse. That's the only thing that has me on the fence about getting this.

Dunno if this has been aksed... on the synth page, it clearly states "79€ incl. VAT", but when I "proceed to checkout", it gives me "89€ incl. VAT" instead. What's up with that?

site hitch, dp

wagtunes wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
It does sound great Simon. How do you personally feel about the GUI. I'm having problems dealing with it, though I've seen worse. That's the only thing that has me on the fence about getting this.
Well, as long as we don't have another GUI, that's the GUI, it flickers on my Retina displays now and then and the matrix is tiny, but I just zoom in and that solves the problem. There are many improvable things with this synth but as it is now it's already on of the most interesting releases in the last years, after Phonem in November this now really has got me excited.

ariston wrote:Dunno if this has been aksed... on the synth page, it clearly states "79€ incl. VAT", but when I "proceed to checkout", it gives me "89€ incl. VAT" instead. What's up with that?
I was irritated too, but then just paid the € 89 as I couldn't stand that ocean wave noise anymore.

Due to teh comments here i finally had a look at Arcsyn and whiel for some people it could be nice i did not really find anything taht i really need, both sound and feature wise.

Anyway i am already spoiled with a bunch of great synths including comparable stuff like e.g. Tone2 Icarus Beta, Tone2 Electra 2.1, Walodrf Largo, UVI Falcon Synthmaster 2.7 and others.
At the moment i am escpecially in love with the Icarus Beta (since more than 2 months now...) and this offers more features than i could actually really use at the moment (including more filter modes than in Arcsynth). Also sound and GUI wise i would prefer this over Arcsynth at the moment.

So far with my favorite synths it was clear after a short time (sometimes less than one hour) that i liked them but so far i did not have this kind of feeling with Arcsynth...

Again even if i would like it it would be still too close to other synths i already own or missing some featurtes from those other synths.
In the past there was a time when i had to get most new synths that looked/sounded somehow good but those times are over since a while and i had already sold quite a lot of synths in the last years while i still have too many IMO. At least the overall number of synths had decreased in the last years.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Could you please mention all the Tone2 synths again :party:

nvm
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sampleconstruct wrote:I bought the AU version, if I also want the VST version, do I have to buy it again?
Just had a look at this - not even separate Win and Mac versions but separate AU and VST too? It seems ridiculous to have to pay 3 times over if you want a fully cross platform version.

if it's not a cross platform, cross format license .... forget about it.

ariston wrote:Dunno if this has been aksed... on the synth page, it clearly states "79€ incl. VAT", but when I "proceed to checkout", it gives me "89€ incl. VAT" instead. What's up with that?
While i did not buy it yet i could confirm this. Anyway at the current Euro to USD exchange rate (around 1.11 USD for 1 Euro) 89 € seems to fit better than 79 € (actually it fits almost exactly using the current rate...).
Based on that is possible that the 79€ price at the top of the website is wrong. With other plugins at the websie the prices and conversion rates seem to be correct.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”