Possibilities to visualise keyswitches in piano roll in Logic Pro X? Or suggest a DAW that has such

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know there are some options for Logic Pro X to have automation tracks to display different keyswitches in human-readable way (freely customisable for every Kontakt instrument). And for piano roll there is split screen option to have CC:s displayed underneath the piano roll.

But..

I'd like to see the keyswitches visually on top of the piano roll. Something like highlighted background with color-coding + text.

For the instruments I'd like to use this, keyswitches are either normal keys outside the playable range of the instrument, or could be assigned to different CC:s (I guess that's the de facto way to do these)

Is there any DAW that makes this possible?

Cubase has some premade one Expression Maps for popular orchestra libraries and suitable virtual instruments

http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=1944&L=1
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Well, I decided to create a feature request for Logic Pro to have the Articulation ID's visually available to piano roll + shortcut keys to change Articulation ID up/down.

I think that is the only proper way, since each note could have separate Articulation ID and notes can overlap, so even that Cubase thing is not clear enough.

I agree on Cubase but think that's maybe an earlier version? Now you can select the articulation at the top bar and each note (even several identical notes in sequence) can have a different articulation (routed to CC, keyswitch, etc.) visible on the actual piano roll note itself.

I think that screenie is VSTExpression and NOTEExpression is the newer one where this is possible.

As that old Bond movie song goes "Nooooobody does it better... makes me feel sad for the resssst..."

So is it only in the Cubase Pro version?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”