PPG Wave 3.v - does it work on your Mac ?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just installed the PPG wave 3.v for demo purposes, and authorized the trial period on my e-licenser. However, the plugin is totally broken and crashes every DAW I own, in multiple ways. I've never seen a plugin this absurdly unstable-- is anybody here actually using this on a current generation Mac?

iMac 2016 with OSX 10.8

after installing latest version of PPG wave 3.v

1. Ableton live crashes on launch (during plugin scan), and gives a message noting that the VST for PPG wave 3.v was the cause of the crash
2. Once I removed the VST that causes Live to crash on launch, I opened Live, and instantiated the AU of the ppgwave – this caused Live to crash.
3. I attempted multiple times to instantiate the AU – Live crashed every time
4. I loaded Logic Pro X 10.2.1 – it immediately notified me of a problem upon scanning the PPG Wave AU, and then crashed.

As far as I can tell from above, the PPG Wave is currently 100% unusable on current Mac systems, both in VST and AU form.

I'd like to know if anybody is having a different experience.

Naturally I e-mailed Waldorf support, and receive an automated response that they are on holiday until the 17th of Feburary, heh.

-M

Believe me. It's not just you. It's almost all Mac users. Their Mac support is abysmal. While the Windows users have to deal with minor bugs like patch changes not working every other blue moon, Mac users have to deal with completely unusable pieces of software that we can't depend on for production.

Nope in LogicX and Nope in Bitwig.

Sometimes it will work if i don't touch many knobs but quite often it will crash. It crashes logic completely, and will only crash bitwigs audio engine because of the sandboxing.

I refuse to let go of the dream that Waldorf will get their f**king shit together and fix this, because i love the PPG Wave 2.v to death.
:borg:

Wow, ok then. That's terrible, I wonder what their problem is. I guess I wont' have to "Deal" with it though, as I simply won't be purchasing any products from them. (my PPG install was the 100 day trial demo, which I thought was a generous trial period -- until I realized it will never actually open, of course).

thanks for the feedback, -M

Waldorf is working on updates for PPG Wave 3.V and Largo and will continue after everyone is back from holidays. Of youurse you could try to contact them again next week when tehy should be back.
I could not test on Mac here (only Windows 10) but i hope it will work properly again with a new update.

There already were some updates related to OSX updates in the last yeras, especially reated to Yosemite taht caused big problems. For some reasons OSX and especially the AU plugins seemed to cause problems in the past.
I am no Mac expert but for some people deleting the PLIST files and re-scanning semed to solve it.

BTW did you also try using the VST2 plugin without also installing the AU plugin?
If you got a VST3 compatible host you could also check teh VST3 plugin.

PS:
As PPG Wave 3.V is one of my favorite synths and i do also sell a commercial bank for it at the Waldorf shop i am also personally interested in having this working for all users (both Windows and Mac).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Appears stable on El Capitan with Cubase 8.5.10 using the 64 bit VST3.
Not tried Logic.. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”