KORG Software FRAUD!!! Now resolved!!!!!!!!! (also not fraud)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

So was it fraud? Or can we change the topic merely to Korg Software PITA....

Change it to KORG software ate my hamster!!

Meffy wrote:P.S.: You might want to edit your first post to change the thread title, since it's not accurate. Maybe "KORG authorization nightmare (resolved)" or something like that.
My vote for new thread title would be:

Thank you Korg, for some great synths I got for free bundled with a controller I didn't really want but got nevertheless
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How about "KORG Software - FREED at last!!!!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Carpenter wrote:FINALLY GOT IT RESOLVED!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! THE HELLISH NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!
finally.png
You have to have TWO separate websites open. You have to open up Korg License Center and put in the code on your card. The license center then generates authorization codes for each plugin. Then you have to open up Korg User Net. When you open up Korg User Net, you then have to go to "Register Product". You then have to fill out some question fields, finally coming to a field wanting your product authorization code. Then you have to go BACK to the Korg License Center website and copy that authorization number. Then go BACK to Korg User Net and paste in that authorization number in. Then you get yet ANOTHER NUMBER which you then have to copy and paste into the license pop up window on each plugin itself (when you launch them).

Also, it seems to matter which plugin you register first. I was trying to license the Legacy Cell plugin first and that one actually registers itself somehow, once you register all of the other ones. I can't find where it said to register a particular one first now, but on one of the many pages I've been to for help, it specified the importance of registration order and specifically stated that you CAN'T register Legacy Cell first? I can't find the page where I read that again, but I registered the M1 first and that worked.

Mind you, NOWHERE in the process does Korg mention the separate Korg License Center site. I ONLY went and looked there because of responses on this site. I've NEVER had to open two SEPARATE websites, side by side and go back and forth to register a product before. Oh, one more thing. The first plugin I registered, I actually typed out that long ass number, where it was ignoring it every time I would just copy and paste the number (even though the Korg site says type OR copy and paste the number...). However, after that, all of the other windows were happy with and accepted the copy and paste protocol.
That would have to be one unintuitive point after another....glad you got it figured out!! :) :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

So ... time to change the thread title, after trying your new synths out, to KORG Software is SWEET (and I got it free).

I'm not going to say another word :P
db3 wrote:Bought a Taktile 49 a couple of weeks ago...no issues with Legacy authorisations.
The process of having to register each plugin and generate an auth code is a bit of a faff.

trimph1 wrote:
Carpenter wrote:FINALLY GOT IT RESOLVED!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! THE HELLISH NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!
finally.png
You have to have TWO separate websites open. You have to open up Korg License Center and put in the code on your card. The license center then generates authorization codes for each plugin. Then you have to open up Korg User Net. When you open up Korg User Net, you then have to go to "Register Product". You then have to fill out some question fields, finally coming to a field wanting your product authorization code. Then you have to go BACK to the Korg License Center website and copy that authorization number. Then go BACK to Korg User Net and paste in that authorization number in. Then you get yet ANOTHER NUMBER which you then have to copy and paste into the license pop up window on each plugin itself (when you launch them).
That would have to be one unintuitive point after another....glad you got it figured out!! :) :)
Yes, but its basically the same steps (from the korg forums) as cryophonik posted on page 4 about four or five hours ago. Ingonator also posted a link to them.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6384670
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Wot we have Heah is failya to communakate
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:Wot we have Heah is failya to communakate
Say wot? :x :hihi:

thecontrolcentre wrote:So ... time to change the thread title, after trying your new synths out, to KORG Software is SWEET (and I got it free).
Or: KORG expects good karma. Because I could activate it.Twice :lol:

On the one hand, I'm glad it's solved, on the other, it was hugely entertaining!

KORG Software FRAUD!!! Now resolved!!!!!!!!! (also not fraud)
:hihi:

I'd been hoping the OP would add the bit in parentheses along with mentioning it was resolved, but ended up doing it myself.

Ah, makes sense then. :) I thought the OP had changed the title to "FRAUD!!!! (well, not actually fraud)".

Return to “Instruments”