Alternative Live Dark Skin (with standard piano roll)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys

I dig the Disco skin in live 9 but dislike the dark piano roll so this should fix that, other colors have been tweaked to my liking.

You may like it too, please don't ask for me to edit anything as this can easily be done if you have max for live skin editor.

cheers
Matt :-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109 ... al.ask.zip
Last edited by topaz on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks - didn't know there was a skin editor

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... kin-editor
aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - didn't know there was a skin editor

omfg dude i was just thinking how nice it would be to have a disco skin with a visible piano roll. Thanks!

shonoob wrote:omfg dude i was just thinking how nice it would be to have a disco skin with a visible piano roll. Thanks!
Same, well... Its been bothering me for a long while now, so this is great!

Downloaded. :party:

This skin is a thing of beauty. Thanks!

random question if you don't mind me asking, but how did you get the zoom bar at the top bigger in size? Because sometimes for me it gets to that size when I am switching around skins, but after I restart ableton it goes back to half the thickness, I prefer it to be thick like your picture shows. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust it? Sorry if my question is hard to understand, I hope it isn't too cryptic!

Thanks.

Sorry I did not understand that question :-(

shonoob wrote:random question if you don't mind me asking, but how did you get the zoom bar at the top bigger in size? Because sometimes for me it gets to that size when I am switching around skins, but after I restart ableton it goes back to half the thickness, I prefer it to be thick like your picture shows. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust it? Sorry if my question is hard to understand, I hope it isn't too cryptic!

Thanks.

Updated link, there was a problem with the waveform editor colors and clip play / rec (set to red/green)

updated

topaz wrote:I dig the Disco skin in live 9 but dislike the dark piano roll so this should fix that, other colors have been tweaked to my liking.
Wow, looks just like BitWig :o

Very nice. I was using that theme (Disco) as well, and had the same issues with the piano roll. I'm currently using LT's new skin for Live, as that suits my preference more than Disco, but I'm downloading yours as well, because it definitely improves the issue with Disco, so thank you. Cheers :)

topaz wrote:http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... kin-editor
aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - didn't know there was a skin editor

I wish Ableton would come up with one of their own. A more user friendly one (with the proper names of everything written next to the colors)

topaz wrote:Sorry I did not understand that question :-(

shonoob wrote:random question if you don't mind me asking, but how did you get the zoom bar at the top bigger in size? Because sometimes for me it gets to that size when I am switching around skins, but after I restart ableton it goes back to half the thickness, I prefer it to be thick like your picture shows. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust it? Sorry if my question is hard to understand, I hope it isn't too cryptic!

Thanks.
Sorry, it is a difficult thing for me to explain. The name for the thing I am wondering about how to adjust is: the 'Clip Overview/Zooming Hot Spot', located at the top of ableton (The thing you drag around to see/zoom around the areas in your arrangement view.)

For me when I load your skin it is very very very thin, I was wondering if there a way to make it thicker? So I can see everything more clearly at the top?

Thanks

Nice skin thanks ...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”