VVV used on Adele's "Hello"

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A nice bit of advertising for Valhalla courtesy of Apple's Logic Pro blog...

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/in-acti ... tin-adele/

Thanks for posting this! I am now going to start posting this article all over creation.

Good God that keyboard rack... Minimoog, Jupe-8 and a freaking CS-80...

I find it amusing he mentions including a 'choice soft synth' (singular) or 'some drums' ..then immediately after shows an image of him standing at a wall stacked nearly as tall as him, filled with vintage synths.

That seems about right.. found the one.. this one, and this one, and that one, and the one over there. :hihi:

Just boggles my mind that the CS-80 is just sitting there on the rack with a bunch of other synths and not in an argon-filled glove box.

valhallasound wrote:Thanks for posting this! I am now going to start posting this article all over creation.
:lol: :lol: Yeah Sean, you should. congratulations! :tu:

dumbledog wrote:Just boggles my mind that the CS-80 is just sitting there on the rack with a bunch of other synths and not in an argon-filled glove box.
That's probably because he actually uses it, and doesn't treat it like a fetish object. :)

Also, Kvr discussion and contradictory opinions of some elements of the production:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6362611

Good find LX_Nen.
It's an insightful article which shows how well affordable but excellent plugins (such as Sean's) can be used by everyone to good effect nowadays.

More generally, the key phrase for me is ''Kurstin attributes much of his success as a producer to his ability as a player.''
Expertise as an multi-instrumentalist (which I don't claim to be) is essential to great songs more than anything else, imho.

Doug1978 wrote: Expertise as an multi-instrumentalist (which I don't claim to be) is essential to great songs more than anything else, imho.
That's not borne out by the history of pop music. Unless you think prog rock is its highest achievement.

Drive and concentration is as important, or more important, than playing skills.

Well, I do like a bit of prog...

But I also like very successful pop multi-instrumentalists such as Stevie Wonder, Prince (or whatever he calls himself nowadays), Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl and Brian Jones-era Rolling Stones etc.

Certainly, drive and concentration are important factors, though in my view being able to understand a range of different instruments to a high standard really helps more than anything else when creating a (successful) song.

FWIW, I'm not claiming to have a high standard in many instruments - I'm only good at the drums and piano currently. I feel that learning the guitar or a brass instrument next would really help to further my arrangement chops.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”