KORG Software FRAUD!!! Now resolved!!!!!!!!! (also not fraud)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

That would've been good. Guess I'm not the only one who misses opportunities. :-}

BDeep wrote:On the one hand, I'm glad it's solved, on the other, it was hugely entertaining!
I'm not usually one for drama, but this was pretty captivating.

Should've gone with "KORG support provides HAPPY ENDINGS!!!!!!!!! ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:Should've gone with "KORG support provides HAPPY ENDINGS!!!!!!!!! ;)
Support had nothing to do with the happy ending. It was achieved through courage, friendship, faith and persistence. Well done everybody.

This is the most adorable thread ever.

Can I plug something here?
:neutral:

edit: btw...I just love these Korg synths.

*makes mental note to self regarding future marketplace sales*

If I were a Carpenter :help:

Fleer wrote:If I were a Carpenter :help:
And you were a laydeee ... :party:

The BDeep Times wrote:hugely entertaining!
The Ridan Gazette wrote:captivating… the most adorable thread ever.
A new member called QTarantino sent me a PM asking how much for the film rights to this thread. I said he could have them free…

If he could figure out how to authorize them.

bronxsound wrote:hire a hitman and teach them a lesson
Ahahaha, classic.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Carpenter wrote:FINALLY GOT IT RESOLVED!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! THE HELLISH NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!
finally.png
You have to have TWO separate websites open. You have to open up Korg License Center and put in the code on your card. The license center then generates authorization codes for each plugin. Then you have to open up Korg User Net. When you open up Korg User Net, you then have to go to "Register Product". You then have to fill out some question fields, finally coming to a field wanting your product authorization code. Then you have to go BACK to the Korg License Center website and copy that authorization number. Then go BACK to Korg User Net and paste in that authorization number in. Then you get yet ANOTHER NUMBER which you then have to copy and paste into the license pop up window on each plugin itself (when you launch them).

Also, it seems to matter which plugin you register first. I was trying to license the Legacy Cell plugin first and that one actually registers itself somehow, once you register all of the other ones. I can't find where it said to register a particular one first now, but on one of the many pages I've been to for help, it specified the importance of registration order and specifically stated that you CAN'T register Legacy Cell first? I can't find the page where I read that again, but I registered the M1 first and that worked.

Mind you, NOWHERE in the process does Korg mention the separate Korg License Center site. I ONLY went and looked there because of responses on this site. I've NEVER had to open two SEPARATE websites, side by side and go back and forth to register a product before. Oh, one more thing. The first plugin I registered, I actually typed out that long ass number, where it was ignoring it every time I would just copy and paste the number (even though the Korg site says type OR copy and paste the number...). However, after that, all of the other windows were happy with and accepted the copy and paste protocol.
Congrats!! :tu:

That sounds exactly the hassle I went through :D

I'll trade you this Korg clustereff for my IK Multimedia "Software Authorization Manager" fiasco; it ate up 4 of the 5 tries allotted for Sampletank 2.5 Free. It kept telling me the authorization code was out of date, literally seconds after I got the email. Finally got the British English-speaking Italian guy to acknowledge their screwup.

For a freebie, not worth the hassle, and it peed all over any fire I might have had for buying IK products.

Big Busker wrote:I'll trade you this Korg clustereff for my IK Multimedia "Software Authorization Manager" fiasco; it ate up 4 of the 5 tries allotted for Sampletank 2.5 Free. It kept telling me the authorization code was out of date, literally seconds after I got the email. Finally got the British English-speaking Italian guy to acknowledge their screwup.

For a freebie, not worth the hassle, and it peed all over any fire I might have had for buying IK products.
Word. Not spending a dime anymore for any IK product (grabbed ST2XL for 29e at some blowout).

Thread title = best ever
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”