iZotope DDLY presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just went through all my AU effects and more than 50% of them do NOT have their own preset manager, and i have hundreds. Same with their vst counterparts in cubase (where the presets are i vst format, and in logic they are in AU format).

Furthermore, this delay is *outstanding*. For one, if you use it as a regular delay and put the trash at 100% and drive the feedback, you get a very logic tape delay esque, very tasty, distorted sound. For two, putting it into granular mode is just insane.. I mean it's capable of such truly delicious and spacey fx. I LOVE it. I would have bought this.

Project reload is perfect, all my settings are recalled. I can save presets in logic and cubase like i do with any plugin.

I would prefer if izotope had a slider to be able to make the display solid, that's about it, but on the retina macbook it is indeed perfectly usable. Izotope listen so let's just make the feature request for an opacity slider. I bet it will be there before to long.

As usual with izotope, stability is exemplary, and their generosity knows no bounds. This company has done more of a complete 180 thee past few years than anyone else IMO.. they just keep getting more and more caring of their customers, when in the past it was clearly the other way around. So once again, they *listened*. I wish i could donate for this to say thank you but i will do that by continuing to support them. The only other FR I can possible think of, is for them to add the same resonant filter on the delay like in trash.. as they are now they are non resonant cut filters.

Wasn't there a topic the other day about someone looking for a delay with pitch shift? Well here it is.

About the whining on the lack of presets and a bank, i am really quite shocked.. that is, until I saw who was complaining and bashing the most. Someone who likes to rip others apart for their own complaints but rips a company here for giving a GIFT away. I honestly am starting to think that this member is on certain company's payrolls or *something* - or just that he likes to create forum drama and trouble. And he calls *me* a nutter. :lol: Gotta love the accusations he makes about a good company giving us presents :lol:
More KVR comedy gold.

Anyway, to everyone else, trust me and just enjoy this fabulous, amazing, currently FREE plugin. NO need to kick a gift horse in the mouth whatsoever.

:)

TheoM wrote:Just went through all my AU effects ... and i have hundreds
You checked several hundred AU's for patch managers? :o

That's dedication :clap:

Numanoid wrote:
TheoM wrote:Just went through all my AU effects ... and i have hundreds
You checked several hundred AU's for patch managers? :o

That's dedication :clap:

sure.. softube are a perfect example.. they just use the daw's system. No one has EVER said a word about that. I mean it's just 50/50 whether you will get it or not. Depends on the dev. What's the biggy? As you and i know, there isn't a big deal about it.

I usually prefer it to be fully integrated with the DAW and not built in to the plugin.. but if it's NOT, i accept they have their own system. It is what it is. (obviously i therefore prefer the way izotope have done it with the delay in this case, but it wouldn't have mattered if they used their usual preset manager).

You can't have everything perfect (ie whatever the individual finds perfect). But to come in and accuse izotope of some conspiracy with a free plugin, like he did, was really quite a read. I am actually happy i happened to see the otherwise muted post, as it really opened my eyes. Alot.

The thread, has in other words, also been *very* informative, cause it shows me just how quickly those who are ready to cast the first stone, are guilty of the same "bad thing" themselves. Just as i got from him in another topic two days back, i present this sign back to him :nutter:

:lol:

I'm sorry for my incredulous reaction. I'm just still miffed by an adult saying "perhaps unlike you, i don't visit this forum out of abject boredom and bone idleness..." over a free plugin lacking a non essential feature, basically unprovoked. KVR is an entitled place

nineofkings wrote:I'm just still miffed by an adult saying "perhaps unlike you, i don't visit this forum out of abject boredom and bone idleness..." over a free plugin lacking a non essential feature, basically unprovoked.
Daags got a bit of chip on his shoulder about me posting too much.

But KVR is like my hardware store hangout, and I like to shoot the breeze, so he just gotta bear with me :wink:

you're a good egg Numan, I know that : )

So it's ugly and can't save presets. The important thing is that it costs ddly. :)

garryknight wrote:So it's ugly and can't save presets. The important thing is that it costs ddly. :)
The important thing is that it sounds good!

nineofkings wrote:I'm sorry for my incredulous reaction. I'm just still miffed by an adult saying "perhaps unlike you, i don't visit this forum out of abject boredom and bone idleness..." over a free plugin lacking a non essential feature, basically unprovoked. KVR is an entitled place
it wasn't you i meant, sorry - it was the exact person that also annoyed you that i was referring to as behaving ridiculously over a free plugin.

Daags wrote:this intentional omission of a preset functionality, is contrived - phoney - gimmicky bullshit. host workarounds notwithstanding.

it's sad to see gullible people applaud them for it, but I suppose it vindicates izotope in some way that the gimmick was worth implementing.

I just got a call from Izotope - they asked me to tell you that they don't want you to use DDLY - something along the lines of "free for everyone else, just not him!" they said...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I don't really care all that much, but, arguing that a built in preset system doesn't have value rings hollow to me. Yes, saving them whether internal or external is no big deal, but, by not including an internal system, then the plugin doesn't ship with, wait for it, any presets.

This is the kind of plugin where presets might give you a good creative starting point and would show off the various features.

As far as it being a free plugin, it's only a free plugin now. In a month you'll have to pay $50 to get your preset-less delay.

I agree that it's an oversight and, along with the terrible interface, should be fixed.

but no one is forcing you to use it. and actually presets wouldn't be THAT useful for this IMO. It's all about twisting knobs and automating them in the grain mode.

jens wrote:
Daags wrote:this intentional omission of a preset functionality, is contrived - phoney - gimmicky bullshit. host workarounds notwithstanding.

it's sad to see gullible people applaud them for it, but I suppose it vindicates izotope in some way that the gimmick was worth implementing.

I just got a call from Izotope - they asked me to tell you that they don't want you to use DDLY - something along the lines of "free for everyone else, just not him!" they said...
*applause*

TheoM wrote:but no one is forcing you to use it.
Of course nobody is forcing anyone to use anything. That's all I'm going to say about that.
and actually presets wouldn't be THAT useful for this IMO. It's all about twisting knobs and automating them in the grain mode.
Well, I'm not sure. Even Ableton's simple delay has presets and this delay is interesting enough with two separate delays and some thresholding and filters, even I think that presets might give someone a useful starting point.

It's moot though, because it doesn't have an internal system, so it wasn't shipped with presets.

well i can make au and vst presets that will work in any vst host, how about we get a group and we do say 8 each, 8 of us for a total 64 presets? ;)

Return to “Effects”