Rogue Amoeba Loopback

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently released and supposed to replace Soundflower.
https://www.rogueamoeba.com/loopback/

Have been using it myself and I must say it is very stable and user friendly.

I was wondering about latency with this. It is hard to tell sometimes whether Rogue Amoeba designs their software for the use cases of audio recording for music. Are you able to feed one DAW into another and connect them via MIDI, for instance?

I'd say there products are more geared toward pro-sumers in general, but I find Both AudioHijack and Loopback very stable. Yes, with Loopback I am able to route any instruments from Logic into Ableton (using Loopback as Logic's output an the External Instrument device in Ableton).

if this is true and they have turned a free product into an $100 one, then screw them completely.
if it's an alternative, and soundflower still exists, different story.

It's independent of Soundflower, which was developed by Cycling 74 and though passed to RA, now has a fork active on Github. Loopback seems to be more an extension of the work RA did for the new version of AudioHijack. Though Soundflower is a fine thing indeed, having something that makes the job of routing audio easier without having to go through the faff of dealing with aggregate devices and stuff is welcome.

hmmm as far as i can tell cycling 74 gave them soundflower, they decided they had no time to do anything with it, but somehow magically had time to create an "all new" copy cat product of their own. :lol:

Pretty obvious to me.

RA Airfoil has been on my machines ever since I switched to Mac so personally I'll hold of slagging them off over this product, especially with SF still available.

I don't see any functional difference between Loopback and Soundflower.
Both of these Apps are fantastic.

If you are using OS X El Capitan, then you are forced to use Loopback, because Soundflower does not work in El Capitan :(

Does this version not work? https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflo ... /tag/2.0b2

I'm not on El Cap on the music machine so haven't tried.

Can't test it. I downgraded back to Lion because many Apps stopped working on El Capitan.

Thank you anyway for letting us know. I am sure this could help a lot of people who are trying to route audio internally on El Capitan.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”