NEW Studio One v3 updates incoming.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Teaser video for a webcast on Feb.25 :hyper:
What do you guys think we will see? Pretty stoked....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGIsNrG8bsk

they sound like they are not fibbing. Can't imagine what it could be except a complete port to touch devices.

"Something revolutionary"..that is serious stuff, so they had better deliver lol.

they've been boasting about upcoming releases for a while now. Some hits, some misses. I'm not totally sure they're keeping track.

What we will see, uhm ...

consequently innovation at the expense of performance and long overdue basics
or in other words competition instead of core maintenance.

The show:
a third-class presenter pretending interest,
squeezing the last sign of naturalness and aliveness out of completely baffled artists like on the last wimpy show.

A well-paid Grammy nominated face telling the world how exciting and outstanding the update is this time
by reading off a script in big letters below the webcam.

And of course simultaneously and quite accidentally a brand new tutorial from an affiliate
because why create a complete and barrier-free manual when it delivers another option to make money ?

Another exquisite step of collaboration with Presonus hardware
because Studio One has been chosen to become a marketing tool for it.

What else ....
definitively not to expect is a cross-section of average users debating an interim result of experience with the daw
and discussing live the new feature upfront and in their own words in that context, including the pros and cons.
This seriously could be claimed as "The New Standard" for daws but needs cojones.

The new feature:
whatever it is, one has to wait for reports of the more involuntary beta testers to see if or in how far it works.

Is there a cohesion between Presonus bet on shows
and the fact Studio One is the most frequent sold daw in the marketplace ?

Is there a cohesion between Cockos does not bet on shows but on collaboration with users
and the fact Reaper is the least frequent sold daw in the marketplace ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I was with you until the end. Then you played.......

THE REAPER CARD!

:hihi:

chord track and assigning same (loopable, modulatable) automation to multiple macro knobs is the missing ones for me
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

incubus wrote:I was with you until the end. Then you played.......

THE REAPER CARD!

:hihi:
Rightly so though, anybody who invests (time/money)in Studio One is going to be doing so alongside another host, while it has some nice work flows and some nice bells that actually whistle, it lacks a fair bit in stability and performance and some (obviously opinion) lack of basic features.
Using Reaper to fill in the gap, getting used to Reaper, selling S1, could explain the sales..... but then again so could "look at the shiny shiny" in which case at some point Presonus video hype shiny shiny nonsense will back fire too.

Like i keep saying, my S1 is not for sale YET haha
Duh

I sure hope they have improved the CPU performance for Macs, and also fixed Presence XT loading time issue for mac.
Last edited by VicJonesBeats on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can go in a bunch of directions, but considering kvr history, I was going for the "knuck knuck" ... I see as usual it went right into the abyss. :lol:

I've used both, I've liked both. I'm on record ad nauseam about it, doesn't matter anymore.

But I really do like the line
in other words competition instead of core maintenance
Perfection issues are NOT a problem with coders working on hosts for the most part :lol: Been that way for a long time.

At any rate, I hope everyone using S1 that this is an awesome update. At least they are still working on it :shrug:

VicJonesBeats wrote:I sure hope they have improved the CPU performance for Macs, and also fixed Presence XT loading time issue for mac.
Er, it sucks in windows too. As Eike said, "it's not optimized"

When someone does that, for both platforms, then it won't be a problem anymore :shrug:

I'm hoping for proper internal midi routing...i'm so tired of re-routing stuff using Loopbe.

According to the email it is Revolutionary, have Presonus ever done anything Revolutionary ?
Duh

All I want is Sysex. Can't see it myself. Teaser looks like some new plugin at the end (or is that one of the paid for channel strips?)

bungle wrote:According to the email it is Revolutionary, have Presonus ever done anything Revolutionary ?
Scratch pad, macros,melodyne aka, graphic of vst, built in Mastering section? There is some unique stuff, if anything is/was revolutionary (coming from cubase) it was the single window (even Live has 2 ;-)) fast workflow.

Every daw has a few unique features, most have the same core functionality....it's all about what workflow you prefer. for me, I get things done faster in S1, and enjoy using it far more than reaper and cubase.

From the video it looks like they are adding VCA which is cool but definitely not new, they definitely seem to be eluding to something realy new....perhaps a modular 'lunchbox' patch able effects rack ? ( the ability to patch vst effects and instruments in series and parallel and macro control it as a new unit ax a sortalready exists)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”