iZotope DDLY presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:well i can make au and vst presets that will work in any vst host, how about we get a group and we do say 8 each, 8 of us for a total 64 presets? ;)
I've done a few for Live 9, can share these. Perhaps some kind of grouping would be useful (e.g. "single delays", "granular delays", etc.).

Nice. I can contribute a few as well.

Ok i will do some in ableton then too. I think vst is the best place to start. I will convert them to au at some point also.

Best sharing platform?

probably fxb banks or fxp indis. I can upload them all to my dropbox until we get them up at KVR.. i have plenty of dropbox space.

The thing is, I won't be doing mine tonight, but tomorrow (sunday here). I'm in bed and my tinnitus is out of control tonight and i can't focus, so i have the aircon on high, the air purifier on high, the macbook fan on high, all to try help drown the buzzing out, and it just goes above them all still, so I need to chill and rest tonight but I will be more than happy to do a bunch tomorrow morning. And anyone who is happy with the idea of me hosting them, that's great. If you have a better idea, that's fine too. I'm easy :)

TheoM wrote:well i can make au and vst presets that will work in any vst host, how about we get a group and we do say 8 each, 8 of us for a total 64 presets? ;)
How do you save aupresets that will work in a VST host?

Have fun with that. It's kind of not the point though. I have several plugins that have presets that I've come to rely on as a starting point to save a few seconds when I'm working. The advantage of factory presets is that they are all there whenever you install the plugin.

Maybe theres a big brother plugin coming with more features and a preset manager.

All their other plugs have good managers.
Spectron's is amazing considering when it was released.

In this case I feel its the philosophy to experiment
(and unintentionally scare away those who need their hands held)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Daags wrote:this intentional omission of a preset functionality, is contrived - phoney - gimmicky bullshit. host workarounds notwithstanding.

it's sad to see gullible people applaud them for it, but I suppose it vindicates izotope in some way that the gimmick was worth implementing.
This newest in the upcoming trend of "No-Preset Plugins", which will soon become the most talked-about and debated topic (only on KVR, of course) will cause all manner of both visible and unseen catastrophes. I shall explain.

First, everyone who is anyone (which, of course, means 'everyone here at KVR', because everyone here thinks they are a real 'somebody') will have to have this plugin and claim to be using it, will perhaps mention its shortcomings in passing, but then go on to speak of what a 'special' plugin it really is (only for those here who are hip enough to know this, of course). Truth be known, however, some 90% or more at KVR can't program their way out of a simple mda or Kjearhus plugin, so in actuality almost nobody here will be able to use this plugin. But almost all will claim it is at the top of their "arsenal".

Further, many will still try. secretly, at home in their bedrooms, late, late at night, when mommy and poppy are fast asleep, being nearly 90, making of course this bedroom audiomold in his 30s at very least. And they will try so hard, so as not to be caught out and have to admit that any preset they have managed to save sounds simply awful, but they will spend many nights working away to show themselves knowledgeable and expert on the forum.

The result, of course, will be that what little music output they do will go from almost none to actually less than none (image it, if you will, like an EU negative interest rate, for comparison's sake -- i.e., negative music output can really exist). So between this demonic and so, so carefully crafted by iZotope plugin and all their time spent posting about it and other trendy plugin's special-ness and needed 'pull the trigger'-ness, some forum members will begin to starve from missing meals and being up opposite hours to 93-yr.-old mum.

Some mum's will leave plates of food outside audiogenius wiz son's door but most will spoil before being discovered. Jars saved and intended for canning vegatables by mummy will, of course, be used to save on toilet trips and fill junior's closet and bookshelves, due to the time needed to work with this very unique plugin. The KVR member must learn it, know it, be able to create presets, because, word is, this one is the first of the new trend that everyone is talking about, looking to buy more of when they appear, willing to pay three times as much if coming from certain wildly acclaimed firms of KVR fame.

Not long after all of this, the other plugin makers will all release at least one No Preset plugin of their own making, to be part of the new hip trend and to be spoken of in many popular threads of 20 pages or more.

And all the music output will STOP. And all the thread postings will STOP (except for the growing number of those R.I.P Joey, R.I.P. Plughead Bob, with those brief phases and words of regret, condolence and commiseration for members lost during seclusion while trying to learn how to make presets for the new and so very hip plugins. A few survivors, who have lost most of their sight, since all the plugins of this new and highly touted style are fuzzy, faint and washed out, even on the most Super Double HDHD screens, which any member who is anybody owns two or even three of, yes, they will post their sorrow and regret, using their new Braille keyboards ... and vow never to behave like their dear departed lemming forum mate plugin worshipers ever, ever again.

I think you left out the bit where you troll interweb forums out of the frustration. I understand. It's an easy thing to leave out when you've typed so much.

TheoM wrote:Just went through all my AU effects and more than 50% of them do NOT have their own preset manager, and i have hundreds. Same with their vst counterparts in cubase (where the presets are i vst format, and in logic they are in AU format).

Furthermore, this delay is *outstanding*. For one, if you use it as a regular delay and put the trash at 100% and drive the feedback, you get a very logic tape delay esque, very tasty, distorted sound. For two, putting it into granular mode is just insane.. I mean it's capable of such truly delicious and spacey fx. I LOVE it. I would have bought this.

Project reload is perfect, all my settings are recalled. I can save presets in logic and cubase like i do with any plugin.

I would prefer if izotope had a slider to be able to make the display solid, that's about it, but on the retina macbook it is indeed perfectly usable. Izotope listen so let's just make the feature request for an opacity slider. I bet it will be there before to long.

As usual with izotope, stability is exemplary, and their generosity knows no bounds. This company has done more of a complete 180 thee past few years than anyone else IMO.. they just keep getting more and more caring of their customers, when in the past it was clearly the other way around. So once again, they *listened*. I wish i could donate for this to say thank you but i will do that by continuing to support them. The only other FR I can possible think of, is for them to add the same resonant filter on the delay like in trash.. as they are now they are non resonant cut filters.

Wasn't there a topic the other day about someone looking for a delay with pitch shift? Well here it is.

About the whining on the lack of presets and a bank, i am really quite shocked.. that is, until I saw who was complaining and bashing the most. Someone who likes to rip others apart for their own complaints but rips a company here for giving a GIFT away. I honestly am starting to think that this member is on certain company's payrolls or *something* - or just that he likes to create forum drama and trouble. And he calls *me* a nutter. :lol: Gotta love the accusations he makes about a good company giving us presents :lol:
More KVR comedy gold.

Anyway, to everyone else, trust me and just enjoy this fabulous, amazing, currently FREE plugin. NO need to kick a gift horse in the mouth whatsoever.

:)
+1 8)

jens wrote:
Daags wrote:this intentional omission of a preset functionality, is contrived - phoney - gimmicky bullshit. host workarounds notwithstanding.

it's sad to see gullible people applaud them for it, but I suppose it vindicates izotope in some way that the gimmick was worth implementing.

I just got a call from Izotope - they asked me to tell you that they don't want you to use DDLY - something along the lines of "free for everyone else, just not him!" they said...
:hihi:

I'm in for a few presets. Are we going to get a product page soon?

LOL, so now iZotope are sending out hand-drawn presets sheets via e-mail, just received another one which claims to fight boring guitar delays. Retro is so back...

Sampleconstruct wrote:LOL, so now iZotope are sending out hand-drawn presets sheets via e-mail, just received another one which claims to fight boring guitar delays. Retro is so back...
Well, there we have one of my presets lol I'll transplant it for you guys...

Return to “Effects”