64bit vsti's (free or commercial) that are .dll's only? (no installers)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:
chk071 wrote:
pattonfreak1 wrote:Thanks you guys but I'm looking for vsti's not fx
Just wondering, but why exactly are you looking for only .dll's? Many plugins only install dll's too, nothing in the registry, nothing in the program files folders. And those which do often write serial information in the registry for example, or write to system folders, because they need stuff not present on the system, so it's quite necessary for some plugins to have installers.
I've been looking for the same thing, but not really for instruments, just effects. The reason is that I have a portable install Reaper directory that can be easily copied to a flash drive. For that, you really want plugins that are portable and completely self contained in their dll.
DLL for VST effects and VST instruments for me.
Put them in a sub folder VST64\Free DLLs
In the future and a new computer all I need to do is copy and paste this folder.

Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Mulab MUX doesn't have an installer.

Hornet Plugins don't do installers either, but those are all effects I think.

Voxengo
Klanghelm
Hornet
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Awesome. Thanks so much everybody!

VB3 Ultimate Virtual Tonewheel Organ:
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

What a weird question, because TONS of VSTs match this criteria. Hundreds, and perhaps thousands. Almost ALL the freeware VSTs by the way...

In general when a freeware VST uses an installer it is because it must install its extensions and banks in a place which is not a subdirectory of where it will be installed. And the freeware products having that exigence are extremely rare. So... almost all the freewares are simply installed by the copy of their DLL in the directory of your choice.

Even some commercial DAWS are like that, without needing to have an installer. Mulab for example.

The number of plugins which don't need any installer is so huge that a hundred of forum pages in this thread wouldn't be yet enough.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

AXP
TDR
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Instruments”