Rob Papen - Blue2's questions (Bass and Matrix)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

Got FM8 and Blue2. But use Blue2 more often my first question is by judging purely from your ears, which one can produce more deep sub bass ?

My second question is : I saw one patch called DX7 E Pno2 JoMal and the "Dest" of the Oscs just set to Matrix. May I know how to choose it and what is the purpose of it ? Truth is I couldn't set it to Matrix in the drop down manual... Note: I've quick browsed the manual but it didn't mention Dest = Matrix. Please share your knowledge.

Thanks!
Cowby

Both of those should be capable of producing sine waves well below your hearing range... :D

People keep saying this synth lacks bottom and that synth has a great bottom end. And I wonder what that means. I mean, all synths go down to at least 20 Hz I suppose. If I am not mistaken low frequencies require more energy than high frequencies, so maybe it is an amp issue, or there is some internal equalization going on...

cowby wrote:Hi there,
My second question is : I saw one patch called DX7 E Pno2 JoMal and the "Dest" of the Oscs just set to Matrix. May I know how to choose it and what is the purpose of it ? Truth is I couldn't set it to Matrix in the drop down manual... Note: I've quick browsed the manual but it didn't mention Dest = Matrix. Please share your knowledge.

Thanks!
Cowby
The Matrix in this case refers to the FM matrix which is displayed by clicking the "Alg" button at the bottom of the main screen. Oscillators A and B are modulating Oscillator C (carrier). I just opened the Matrix screen and unfortunately the amount of modulation isn't being shown and may be a glitch that resulted when converting the old original Blue presets over to Blue2.

Hey Jo - more Blue II banks please ;)

aMUSEd wrote:Hey Jo - more Blue II banks please ;)
I'm pretty sure there will be more - thanks for asking :)

Return to “Instruments”