v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

13 was not a lucky number, so
v3.0b14 is available!

Improvements:
  • It is possible to drop rhythms on the Rhythm browser to save them
  • New rhythm generator: "Euclidean Rhythm"
  • Few bugs in the rhythm browser fixed. It is possible to use the same folder for custom phrases and rhythms.
  • Select All (Ctrl-A) did not work reliably with phrases. From now it works in the last clicked editor.
  • Changing the custom rhythms folder was not possible, this is fixed
  • A workaround is inserted for loading v2 phrases
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Curious: Which is most stable? stand-alone or vst?

Which one do most people tend to use?

Edit:

I tried to experiment with 2nd instance of RC to see if I could use composition view of RC1 to drag phrase or other from RC1 composition view into phrase editor of RC2.
It didn't like it and broke the vst bridge.
Then I waited and waited and waited for rc exe to terminate since I could not kill it.
Finally it went away and I was able to launch RC without vst bridge error, but now RC transport will not move in composition or phrase tab windows.
Is only other solution to restart pc, or is there another process I can try to kill?

Edit 2: PC restart fixed it.

Edit 3: Stand-alone does not ask if user wants to save changes on Exit.

musicdevelopments wrote:13 was not a lucky number, so
v3.0b14 is available!
Muchas gracias, Attila :) I just checked a basic method to drag'n'drop phrases from phrase browser into rhythm browser and it works without any problems :tu:
Also I noticed that your new format (.rcRHYT) looks like it maintains all information from original .rcPHRS files, so in fact new rhythm patterns saved from phrase patterns are even bigger in size :wink: (anyway, I immediately made a few test re-conversions for some of my favorite guitar patterns folders - it's very easy and rather quick process, but still it lacks a bit that "automated renaming system" which helps a lot while making large repeating saves for custom patterns).
Still haven't tried your new "Euklider", but definitely check it later, though I knew more than enough of that technique after protracted usage of various Euklidian gens inside NI Reaktor 8) ).
And last for now: I also strongly support the idea to add "playhead cursor" inside your Phrase editor + may be you could add somehow #'s of bars/beats above that editor to control more accurately various notes positions.
P.S. I found new problem: usual custom phrases saving routine is now broken somehow (I can't save edited/imported midi files via "Save selected phrases" fields below Gear-icon options, BUT strangely enough saving works OK inside Phrase Editor :?)

Thanks!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

I test the b14 and in composition play loop playback do not work . the loop symbol is blue, i mark a 1 bar range in timeline, but it continue play
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Tiny one:
if you use Apply Rhythm variation as track variation,
it needs click to bypass and re-active to apply new rhythm after you drag a new rhythm from browser.
if you use as phrase variation its ok.

SORRY !

Is it possible to drag chord to empty bar in compos or phrase views?

Edit: I figured out a way to do it.

magicmusic wrote:I test the b14 and in composition play loop playback do not work . the loop symbol is blue, i mark a 1 bar range in timeline, but it continue play
Is the 'region' symbol also blue? Please let me know about the tempo and sampling rate that you used when loop did not work. There is a chance that this is a rare calculation error which does not appear at all sample rates and tempos. Even better, if you have a composition file that always behaves badly, why not sending it to me?

Thanks,
Attila

yellukhan wrote:Tiny one:
if you use Apply Rhythm variation as track variation,
it needs click to bypass and re-active to apply new rhythm after you drag a new rhythm from browser.
if you use as phrase variation its ok.
Good point, yellukhan! This issue was fixed today.

Thanks!
Attila

Hello Attila and friends!

After a long absence, I'm back. I hope everybody do well here in our club of friends!

I've tried a conversion of a short MIDI file (this one) into a phrase, using the tool in the Setting/Location tabs.

I get a strange result. First it creates four files (three are empty, only the fourth contains something). And when I watch its content, I can see differences. Here are the differences in the picture below. In the green track at the bottom you can see the original MIDI file simply dropped on the track by the mouse, the content is correct. In the yellow track at the top you can see the converted phrase with the differences.

The result is the same whatever the choice (relative or not) during the conversion.

Perhaps I did a mistake in my conversion or I didn't understand something... I let you the original MIDI file in the link above so that you can check yourselves.

Ahhhh.... It's good to be back ! I missed you all !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

musicdevelopments wrote:
magicmusic wrote:I test the b14 and in composition play loop playback do not work . the loop symbol is blue, i mark a 1 bar range in timeline, but it continue play
Is the 'region' symbol also blue? Please let me know about the tempo and sampling rate that you used when loop did not work. There is a chance that this is a rare calculation error which does not appear at all sample rates and tempos. Even better, if you have a composition file that always behaves badly, why not sending it to me?

Thanks,
Attila
Hello Attila
sorry, the region symbol was not active. I forget that RC work diffrent and need it. the region symbol button is good.

another i see. When i move the phrase in composition window larger,i use arp and euclid in phrase then the generate notes are only 1 bar. the phrase is 2 bar. i press apply to selection several times. I dont know, when its larger as 2 bars do it automatic repeat and modify phrase notes depend on chords ?. next screenshot i move the chord change and i select length 2 beats repeating. other generators too look strange when i make a phrase larger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Welcome back! I'm finally beginning to discover some fantastic features in RC.

Can RC do strums, hammer-ons, pull-offs, palm mutes, etc., or is this planned for guitar?

Standard and custom alternate tunings would also be great.

BlackWinny wrote:Hello Attila and friends!

After a long absence, I'm back. I hope everybody do well here in our club of friends!

I've tried a conversion of a short MIDI file (this one) into a phrase, using the tool in the Setting/Location tabs.

I get a strange result. First it creates four files (three are empty, only the fourth contains something). And when I watch its content, I can see differences. Here are the differences in the picture below. In the green track at the bottom you can see the original MIDI file simply dropped on the track by the mouse, the content is correct. In the yellow track at the top you can see the converted phrase with the differences.

The result is the same whatever the choice (relative or not) during the conversion.

Perhaps I did a mistake in my conversion or I didn't understand something... I let you the original MIDI file in the link above so that you can check yourselves.

Ahhhh.... It's good to be back ! I missed you all !
Hello BlackWinny! It is good to see you return. :D I hope you are well.

I have worked with the file you left here and find that no matter how I bring it in to RC, it looks as does your line # 2. It seems to import as original, unless of course I make changes to the chords.

It may be a cause of how you have chord rules set up that causes your import to appear different than the original. Chord rules are fairly new to RC and I am unsure if you have had opportunity to work with them. I am not fully versed of the rules, and not a good theory expert, like your self, but I believe chord rules make a pattern follow certain scales, depending the rule. You may want to look into this further.

As for the 4 lines within the file, I also get this. I assume there are four channels within the MIDI causing RC to analyze the channels but only coming up with data within one of the channels. Hope this makes sense.

I have seen this behavior before when a MIDI file contains multiple channels. If you created the MIDI outside RC then something there is causing the file to have the 4 channels. If you created this in RC, then it is possible you have a composition with 4 channels set up, or 4 lines to the composition.

I hope this will help you narrow down the possibilities and find why the differences. I do not think you have found an anomoly here, just one of those things that happen that are difficult to explain.

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

articulations for guitar i like too. Way i see and work is in phrase editor add a note at fixed pitch for keyswitch. In RC can keyswitch maps done. Or use a sound that have velocity switch and create a custom rythm. with this you are able to choose diffrent velocity levels and depend on your sound it do mute on low vel. and other effect on mid vel and normal on high vel. I think it is a good enhance when 3.x is ready, when the rythm pattern have additional to the 3 velocity levels too choose from a menu to choose a performance for a rythm entry. performance can be vibratro, or some other nice sounding pitch bend actions, mute or other. there is thesys step sequencer and you can hear at 2:5 and later the performance attreibute in action. the graphic for the rythm in RC is currently big enough so a preformance symbol can draw in. maybe later rythms can be create and get random articulations, as vibrato or slide on some long notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtHd4leqIaE

Return to “MusicDevelopments”