Your thoughts on a DAW to replace Reaper...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I found a random noise (like that of a tube amp being kicked) in Reaper, so I need a replacement DAW..right in time for tax return season. I don't do any loops, just vst synths, guitars and drum machine vst's. Anyone have any suggestions? -thanks (I'm downloading everything I can try. I read up that mixbus is good, except that there is no freeze function. I don't know if I want to go back to the good old days of having to bounce on a 4-track...well, I could rearrange and do it, I guess).

You found a random noise? What do you mean? If it was a bug you should probably just report it.

I can duplicate it, I ran a guitar setup. gate/ pedal compression/distortion 1/distortion 2/amp sim/cabinet modeler. Every time there is a stoppage in play (guitar) it makes the sound that my old tube amp would make. It's hard to describe unless you've heard it. It's like a twirly sound. I tried other DAWS with the same setup (Cubase elements and a trial of Sonar) and it doesn't happen with them. If I take one pedal away, it sometimes goes away (in Reaper) ..and I checked and rechecked with a meter at every stage..no clips.

What are you using for your guitar effects? Is it coming from that?

I'm using the green pedal from plugin alliance and a waves pedal as the second/ they work everywhere but Reaper so far.

OK, if you're only getting that weird noise in Reaper you might want to post about it in Reaper's forum or the plug maker's forum. Someone might know what's going on or they might fix it if it's a bug.

K, I'll do that :)

Example
Audiothing plugin updated two days ago, issues only in Reaper and Maschine, Audiothing developer is going to fix it.

This may not be a Reaper issue, it may well be a channeling issue with the plugins you are using, remember Reaper has no mono tracks (same with maschine)

Not to say that you shouldnt report it, it may well be Reapers fault.
Duh

bungle wrote:Example
Audiothing plugin updated two days ago, issues only in Reaper and Maschine, Audiothing developer is going to fix it.

This may not be a Reaper issue, it may well be a channeling issue with the plugins you are using, remember Reaper has no mono tracks (same with maschine)

Not to say that you shouldnt report it, it may well be Reapers fault.
You could be right about the mono compatibility. I'll check that out when I can. thanks.

on windows and very friendly to learn, S1 could be suitable for you

TheoM wrote:on windows and very friendly to learn, S1 could be suitable for you
Nice suggestion, I'm loving the demo. Finding everything easily and as a bonus I don't have to right click in empty track space to save my insert chains :)

Well, I've been demoing and I think I'm starting to settle on Tracktion. It's a bit awkward at first, but it does everything I need and it's such a small program and so light on RAM. In fact, I'm trying to find a reason to buy the full version, but I can't. I'll stick with it a while until I find something it can't do.

(deleted) I see your answer above - sorry. :)

Studio One hands down. There is also apparently a killer update coming so that's always good.

Riansky wrote:apparently....that's always good.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”