Halion 5 vs. Falcon Granular Synthesis?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon HALion 7

halion5 is on sale and im a sucker for granular synthesis, i still use alchemy and NOTHING could replace it for me. falcon i couldnt get quite into it yet, so i ask how halion 5 is compared?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It's probably hard to find but SampleConstruct did discuss this quite a bit in the main Falcon thread. Google search might get you there (it would be hard to find manually and I'm not sure how well the KVR search works).

Been waiting 2 years for stienberg to do their 50% off valentines day sale for halion. I got cash but cant seem to pull the trigger.

double post
Last edited by kiezum on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you use Cubase it's a no-brainer.
I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on the Grand.

chili beans wrote:Been waiting 2 years for stienberg to do their 50% off valentines day sale for halion. I got cash but cant seem to pull the trigger.
I bought it. I've been using the trial version for a couple of weeks. Cheaper than a Motif and should get me what I wanted out of it. Plus, there's a whole lot more to it. I already have Kontakt, but why not? It works great in Logic, Cubase too of course. Just Pro Tools is a problem.

Alfalfa wrote:
chili beans wrote:Just Pro Tools is a problem.
Indeed. Did anyone have experience trying to run HALion in PT through Blue Cat Patchwork or VEP? (I realize some functionality would be lost anyway, insofar as HALion integrates with Cubase in certain ways).

Halion is one of those "batteries not included" products:

Requirements: "USB port for USB-eLicenser & USB-eLicenser (not included)"

Doesn't work with eLicenser as far as I can see from the spec page at Steinberg

Just bought Halion 5 today in the sale.. I feel like I've just paid for a reskin of padshop pro and retrologue.

You did not. It can do so much more.

Numanoid wrote: Doesn't work with eLicenser as far as I can see from the spec page at Steinberg
Look harder... works fine with an eLicenser *.

* eLicenser required. :D
Peace...
bluzkat

Numanoid wrote:Halion is one of those "batteries not included" products:

Requirements: "USB port for USB-eLicenser & USB-eLicenser (not included)"
That's a spot on analogy. :clap:

bluzkat wrote:
Numanoid wrote: Doesn't work with eLicenser as far as I can see from the spec page at Steinberg
Look harder... works fine with an eLicenser *.

* eLicenser required. :D
Um... I think he meant does not work with a SOFT eLicenser... in which case he would be correct.

HALion
Excellent included library
Good sound design capabilities
Very easy to use

Falcon
Weak included library
Exceptional sound design capabilities (perhaps the best currently available)
Easy to use as a UVI player but quite complex and difficult as a synth

Return to “Instruments”