MOscilloscope FR

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having used the oscilloscope a bit yesterday, there’s something I’d like to suggest to make it more useful in certain situations. I was using it in the context of analyzing certain waveform transformations in the Falcon synth. The instrument properly detected wave cycle restart much of the time, but if the wave transformations got just a little a bit wild, it started showing two cycles per view or even more. In some cases, it totally lost track of where the waveform was restarting.

What would be great is a way to tell the oscilloscope what the frequency it should be looking for should be. Being able to enter a frequency would be useful, but even better would be the ability to enter a MIDI note number, e.g., “C3:” or also “60” (since there’s no universal standard for what n to use in Cn for middle C.

I don't understand, it IS already there! The frequency range, the only 2 parameters :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:I don't understand, it IS already there! The frequency range, the only 2 parameters :D
Well, like many of us, I happen to know that the A above middle C is 440 Hz. But, for example, what's the frequency of three semitones down? How many of us have the frequency table committed to memory? My DAW is not normally connected to the internet, so a quick online lookup isn't usually an option either.

If you double click on the frequency value, does it bring up a little piano, like in the EQs?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Yes! Text edit! There is a piano ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Aha! Most excellent. What a nice stealth feature. :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”