LinPlug Plugins Alpha 3, Octopus, Organ 3, relectro and RMV discontinue and final sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alpha Octopus Organ 3 relectro RMV Drum Addiction

e@rs wrote:Anything particular that stops you?
I don't particluarly use drum machines/synths, I like using short circuit just mapping out drum samples/loops that way

But it is a very nice price, and it is last chance saloon

Are they still available for sale? :o If yes please link me up :)

I only checked the link for RMV today, but as that works, so I guess does the others

https://www.facebook.com/LinPlug/posts/1576696712611495

If it possible to download somewhere (legal) RMIV demo and does RMV serial number work with RMIV too?

Thanks for reply.
yzcoruhT

try Wayback Machine

Not sure 100%, but I think that RMV serial doesn't work for RMIV.

- Mario

mabian wrote:Not sure 100%, but I think that RMV serial doesn't work for RMIV.

- Mario
Thanks. :?
yzcoruhT

How is everybody getting on with their purchases? I'm still very happy with Alpha3 in particular.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:How is everybody getting on with their purchases? I'm still very happy with Alpha3 in particular.
From all what i grabbed (rmv, octopus, relectro, organ) use sometimes Relectro.

I find Alpha3 a bit flat sounding now. But I should reinstall it, and give it another go

c_voltage wrote:
Aloysius wrote:How is everybody getting on with their purchases? I'm still very happy with Alpha3 in particular.
The same here. Alpha is a nice synth, but gets no chance when I choose a synth between it and Dune 2 for example.
The same I can say about Octopus with Reaktor synths or Bazille (I know they are not exactly the same synthesis but for me I can group them together from the sound prospect).
I also prefer Drum machines (Bitwig), Spark and Transfuser more than RM V.

They are good instruments but can't stand against newer competitive products. However, they are perfect for starting out with a low budget.

Numanoid wrote:I find Alpha3 a bit flat sounding now. But I should reinstall it, and give it another go
I was just reading a MusicRadar article where they said:
It isn't a 'gee whiz' synth full of overwhelming, reverb-drenched presets that twist and turn but would never actually fit in a mix.

Rather, it comes with a generous 900 sounds, most of which could be used in a range of musical styles. It's as much a musician's instrument as it is a synthesist's tool, if you get our meaning, and that's not something that can be said of every plug-in we review. This one's a keeper.

Seems like a reasonable conclusion.

EnGee wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
The same here. Alpha is a nice synth, but gets no chance when I choose a synth between it and Dune 2 for example.
The same I can say about Octopus with Reaktor synths or Bazille (I know they are not exactly the same synthesis but for me I can group them together from the sound prospect).

They are good instruments but can't stand against newer competitive products. However, they are perfect for starting out with a low budget.
Definitely depends on your style of music and arranging. Usually I'm looking for something not too flashy. Something that's not gonna eat up the entire frequency spectrum. It seems to be very capable of imitating the sounds of old synth sounds like for example the bass in New Order - Blue Monday. The effects presets are cool as well imho.

Edited again to fix my terrible typing. :)
Last edited by Aloysius on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aloysius wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I find Alpha3 a bit flat sounding now. But I should reinstall it, and give it another go
I was just reading a MusicRadar article where they said:
It isn't a 'gee whiz' synth full of overwhelming, reverb-drenched presets that twist and turn but would never actually fit in a mix.

Rather, it comes with a generous 900 sounds, most of which could be used in a range of musical styles. It's as much a musician's instrument as it is a synthesist's tool, if you get our meaning, and that's not something that can be said of every plug-in we review. This one's a keeper.

Seems like a reasonable conclusion.
Exactly how I feel about it really; heavy sound design is done else where but when I just want a sound to build upon it's what I grab. Actually probably my most used synth now...

Aloysius wrote:
EnGee wrote:
c_voltage wrote:

Definitely depends on your style of music and arranging. Usually I'm looking for something not too flashy. Something that's not gonna eat up the entire frequency spectrum. It seems to be very capable of imitating the sounds of old synth sounds like for example the bass in New Order - Blue Monday. The effects presets are cool as well imho.

Edited again to fix my terrible typing. :)
Absolutely, I agree with you. It depends on what are you doing with it also. When, I put some drums, then I begin to put some bass or leads or pads, it is connected to the other parts. I used to put 10 candidates for bass, more or less, then hear which one fits better (of course everything here is subjective). I found that Alpha has never made it to the final and is rarely used this way (not only about bass, but about leads, pads and effects).

Anyway, the very nice thing about Alpha is the big GUI. I just love it. When I read the manual and I played around with it, I found it very comfortable to look at and to tweak the sounds. So, in the end I like it somehow and I don't feel regret about buying it, but it is not from my top favourites.

Return to “Instruments”