can someone else verify / reproduce this bug?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the bad news:
i may have found a bug with diva 1.4.1 (64 bit, vst2, win7) in combination with bitwig 1.3.6.
probably a character set coding bug.

the good news:
i know exactly how to reproduce it:
1. i open new project in bitwig
2. i load the diva plugin
3. i try to load presets with certain names:
Bính - BS.h2p
Njáll - BS.h2p
Teòfilo - BS.h2p
... this leads to an instant crash in exactly 100% of all cases.
4. renaming an arbitrary hive preset to the name 'Bính.h2p' was sufficient to crash hive too (v1.1.0, 64bit vst2), so it seems not to be related to the data within the presets.

not entirely sure, if this is a u-he bug or a bitwig bug though.
hence, some bonus info:
- i could NOT reproduce this crash behavior in bitwig when i renamed some d16 and fabfilter plugin presets to similar names
- when i configure bitwig, so that each plugin gets its own host process, only the uhe plugin crashes - not other plugins that where loaded in the same device chain.
- on the other hand, the renoise daw did NOT crash the uhe plugins when these presets where loaded

trivia:
these preset names are part of the (wonderful) commercial preset collection from Bjulin Waves - Flavors

hope this wall of text helps :)

I'm on Windows 10 but it happens to me too in Bitwig, but not in FL Studio or Live 9, so looks like a problem with Bitwig Studio...
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

KarlKante wrote:not entirely sure, if this is a u-he bug or a bitwig bug though...
hope this wall of text helps :)
Yes, it does ;-). All u-he guys are 100% busy with something else right now, but I'll ask whether e.g. í or ò in the name causes crashes there...

Hello KarlKante, could you please send an eMail with this information to support at u-he dot com?
As we don't have that exact soundset at hand, could you maybe include 1 or 2 of the problematic patches?
That should help us to find out what's going on.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

your wish is my command :)

Return to “u-he”