SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

Sampleconstruct wrote:Something seems to be seriously borked with the saving system, none of the presets I saved while making the videos above sound anything like I left them, loading them this morning to check what I have, they are all broken and often don't produce any sound at all now, this is definitely frustrating.
So I reloaded the plugin, the presets still sounded broken or didn't produce any sound at all, then in one of the presets, I moved the modwheel up and down and suddenly sound came back, now all the other presets seem to work again. What is this?? All of this is occurring in LogicX on Mac/Yosemite.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Something seems to be seriously borked with the saving system, none of the presets I saved while making the videos above sound anything like I left them, loading them this morning to check what I have, they are all broken and often don't produce any sound at all now, this is definitely frustrating.
So I reloaded the plugin, the presets still sounded broken or didn't produce any sound at all, then in one of the presets, I moved the modwheel up and down and suddenly sound came back, now all the other presets seem to work again. What is this?? All of this is occurring in LogicX on Mac/Yosemite.
Wether it saves correctly or not, it sounds damn good, here is a freshly squeezed sequencer patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTnj12wximY

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Weird... FWIW, nothing of the sort here, Live 9.6 Win10.

^ That sounds lovely, like early analog s/h with drive, but it doesn't hold a candle to John William's work.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

LOL, who wants to hold a candle to John Williams work?

Well a lighter maybe ;)

I just did 30 push-ups and 20 crunches, but that didn't hold a candle to Beethoven's work at all.

That's what I like most about Beethoven; washboard abs.

aMUSEd wrote:That's what I like most about Beethoven; washboard abs.
Yes, and his hair style.

Besides all the more crazy stuff ArcSyn can do, it's definitely a pad machine, lush and creamy like in this patch, improvised on the fly after programming it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRGd3pE8XAc

Feature requests:
Please add LFO depth to the matrix.
Please add envelope times to the matrix or add controls directly in the envelopes so that we can modulate e.g. attack/release times via velocity.

Spent Sunday having a great time playing with ArcSyn. A couple more new things I would like to see:-

1)When editing and playing ArcSyn at the same time, it is awkward having to press CTRL, when clicking a knob or slider, to set it to it's default value. Maybe add double click to set knob/slider to default?

2)Need more cc numbers for mod sources. Only got cc1 at the moment. Ideally I would like least 4 freely assignable midi Continuous Controllers as mod sources (so that I could choose to use cc1, cc2, cc4, cc11 etc. which I have setup as standard on my keyboard).
Sampleconstruct wrote:Feature requests:
Please add LFO depth to the matrix.
I think this could be very useful as it would mean you could then directly control an LFO's depth, rather than controlling how an LFO affects just one particular destination. Though I suppose this can be done now by using one matrix slot's A+B mod sources and modifier as a modulation source. But LFO depth as a mod destination would greatly improve workflow.
Sampleconstruct wrote:Please add envelope times to the matrix or add controls directly in the envelopes so that we can modulate e.g. attack/release times via velocity.
Definitely needed! :tu: Along with all fx controls as mod destinations. We is gonna need a bigger mod matrix at this rate :hyper:

Loving ArcSyn. :party:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

OK so what is special about the lfos and sound?

aMUSEd wrote:OK so what is special about the lfos and sound?
For me, ArcSyn's LFOs are special because they can do things that other VSTis cannot do. Many of ArcSyn's other features are special to me because they can also offer new ways to experiment with creating sound. This all adds up to what I find so special about it's sound. If you like to experiment with sound then I would really recommend demoing ArcSyn.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK so what is special about the lfos and sound?
For me, ArcSyn's LFOs are special because they can do things that other VSTis cannot do. Many of ArcSyn's other features are special to me because they can also offer new ways to experiment with creating sound.
OK but that doesn't tell me anything more.

Trying the demo, unfortunately it has a serious bug in NI Kore 2 that may be a showstopper for me.

Return to “Instruments”