UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

otristan wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just wanted to say that the MPE script works really nicely!

A couple questions:
-I've put the script folder into the user script folder (Documents\UVI\Falcon\User Presets\EventProcessors\Script Processor) and when I go to load it in the Falcon browser I see two MPE items with the same name. Only the first one actually loads when I drag it into the part. It works fine, I'm just wondering why the second one is there and can it be deleted so as not to have two in the browser without distinction?
-The Z seems to respond to pressure and the pitch works well, but how to trigger the Y modulation and assign it? I've tried assigning cc 74 to some controls but the timbre expression in Bitwig (which I believe corresponds to the Y control and sends cc74 in MPE mode) doesn't seem to affect the parameters I've mapped cc74 to.

thanks
One is MPE.lua which is the actual script while MPE.uvip is a preset which includes the MPE script.
The lua file can be DnD into existing preset to achieve the MPE feature.

Regarding Z, the best it to use the Script Modulation source with the index 1 and connect it to your parameter of choice. This is how the script currently works.
Can you expand on this? I don't really follow. And isn't Z the same as aftertouch/pressure? I'm talking about Y, which is the up and down control (timbre in Bitwig or linnstrument or slide on the seaboard), not pressure. This is the one corresponding to cc74.

I meant Y. My Bad.

This script works as follow:
1) Where X and Z are mapped across pitch and volume directly and Y mapped to a dedicated modulation source which is script driven
OR
2) X, Y and Z mapped to 3 dedicated modulation source which are script driven

Usually case 1) is enough.
So in your case, you just need to connect a script modulation source (available as Program level) and bind it to index 1 where the script send its events to.
In the MPE.uvip exemple this is connected to the filter cutoff as far as I remember.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Falcon is fantastic, I'm working on since its release.
The BIG BIG BIG ..... biggest problem is that it is single thread, single core and when i play it with my 6 core, 12 thread Xeon, it is used only one twelfth of computing power.
When it will be implemented the multi thread feature like other synth and sampler like native instruments Kontakt?

benedettodue wrote:Falcon is fantastic, I'm working on since its release.
The BIG BIG BIG ..... biggest problem is that it is single thread, single core and when i play it with my 6 core, 12 thread Xeon, it is used only one twelfth of computing power.
When it will be implemented the multi thread feature like other synth and sampler like native instruments Kontakt?
If you just use separate instances for each instrument you want to use, does that help improve matters? That way the host can put each on a separate thread.

I agree it would be great to have multithreadding.

Multi-threading would be really nice. Multi-threading is also difficult to do and can cause loads of very hard to track down bugs that are difficult to reproduce.

jacobh wrote:
benedettodue wrote:Falcon is fantastic, I'm working on since its release.
If you just use separate instances for each instrument you want to use, does that help improve matters? That way the host can put each on a separate thread.
I agree it would be great to have multithreadding.
It 's the method I use. The problems occur when you create a single patch that requires high computing power (eg. A multisynthesis sound with 4 + 4 osc FM, sampling and various modulations).
I know well the difficulties of multithreaded programming: in all cases it would be desirable to insert it as an option and proceed in a long beta testing.
Kontakt is multithreaded for quite some time :)

Another little request - please add "hold" (or latch) mode for Falcon GUI keyboard (which in mapping section), this is will be very useful for quick realtime perfomances via mouse with arpeggiator for example (as well for polyphonic test other devices), while no near at hand midi sequence or midi keyboard.
Added: The same for general falcon UI keyboard ofcourse.

c_voltage wrote:Another little request - please add "hold" (or latch) mode for Falcon GUI keyboard (which in mapping section), this is will be very useful for quick realtime perfomances via mouse with arpeggiator for example (as well for polyphonic test other devices), while no near at hand midi sequence or midi keyboard.
There is a latch switch in the keygroup, that could help you.

One further post on images as wavetables, if I may interrupt for a moment:

Here's the current batch of most interesting images I've found, mostly grabbed from OpArt images at Pinterest, such as https://www.pinterest.com/pin/80924124531318856/

And considering that I found the rows of dots above most interesting, here's my most interesting find yet, made in Photoshop with a soft brush:

Screen grabs of almost any size seem to work equally well, so that'd be the easiest way to check out what these are doing…

OK, resume:)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Another little request - please add "hold" (or latch) mode for Falcon GUI keyboard (which in mapping section), this is will be very useful for quick realtime perfomances via mouse with arpeggiator for example (as well for polyphonic test other devices), while no near at hand midi sequence or midi keyboard.
Yes, i tried, but this not helped, for some reason even with added arpeggiator and if enabled "lath" then after click to UI keyboard the sound is continuously, i.e. not through the arpeggiator. Or am I doing something wrong?

c_voltage wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Yes, i tried, but this not helped, for some reason even with added arpeggiator and if enabled "lath" then after click to UI keyboard the sound is continuously, i.e. not through the arpeggiator. Or am I doing something wrong?
It wouldn't work in conjunction with an arpeggiator as that produces re-triggering notes, it would only work with step sequencers inserted on keygroup level which don't produce re-triggering notes but only modulate pitch/amplitude/whatever.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
It wouldn't work in conjunction with an arpeggiator as that produces re-triggering notes, it would only work with step sequencers inserted on keygroup level which don't produce re-triggering notes but only modulate pitch/amplitude/whatever.
So therefore would like exactly what I requested about :D (because this is need for work with arpeggiator primarily).

Just use some chewing gum for now...

I dont know, imo it would be a good feature.

There is a latch feature in the arp itself.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Return to “Instruments”