MDrummer improvements

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using the amazing Rythm Editor to trigger BFD3 amazing drum sounds

Though, there are 3-4 things that I think would make MDrummer the ultimate tool:

1-Is there a way to use Custom name from Rhythm editor? When triggering HH at such a level of complexity as BFD3 (eg.: close hat tip, 1/2 hat tip, 3/4 hats tip, shank, 1/2 shank etc.) great organization is a must. I have to use unrelated label for articulations which is not convenient *at all* (''chineese splash'' for 1/2 shank..). Though, in Drumset editor, we can rename, so why cant we in Rhytm editor? (unless Im missing something, which I hope)

2-The ''Quantization'' window is by far the best tool, though in BFD3, there is a ''paint tool'' used to draw main drummer pattern such as Paradiddle, flamacue, etc. in which all velocity are pre-drawn. This is really useful, but BFD3 editor is too ''stiff'' and cluttered

3-When I close reaper, MDrummer doesnt recall on reopening the Window settings; I often use Rhytm Editor in fullscreen, all tool boxes minimized. When I reopen, it always show ''Quick Setup'' which is not convenient at all

4-There are 2-3 amazing features Ive seen from different drum editor that would bring I think MDrummer Rhytm editor to the next level:
-When we draw a note, we hold the LeftMB and drag the mouse up or down for velocity change :: BFD has this and we can gain Time +++++++++++
-Paint tool as I said in BFD3 combined with LeftMB change overall velocity as drawing patterns
-Unless I'm missing something, I think for faster (''in-place'') workflow the RMB should be used for 'rectangle dragging' as in Reaper, and LMB for drawing, alt+LMB for erasing :: This is from my experience the fastest workflow, no need to waste time clicking on tools

5-Is there a short for ''Undo'' button? This is by far one of the most useful button, or why isnt there ''undo/redo arrows'' near editing field (Note box I suggest, near the ''?'')?

6-In a lot of DAW (reaper, cubase), we can change note color to Velocity or channel or grouped elements (many HH artic.) etc.. This is really convenient to read effortlessly all thats happening though keeping the ''gauge view'' for velocity in MDrummer is excellent too. Combined would be the best

7-Why isnt there a ''Vertical zoom'' ? As I said, I use alot of HH artic. which is one of the main key I think to realistic drumming. Often I have to 'scroll' up and down which again is not convenient. Combined with color per-group instruments would be excellent.

I hope some of these suggestions are easily doable, otherwise I hope my suggestions can make MDrummer ''THE'' thing, in my opinion of course.

As usual, thanks for your great attention and openness to your users! :)

Ha! Astramistil you are sort of unlucky, because today there was an update for MDrummer :D.
EDIT: I won't make you happy :(

Anyway:
1- I'm afraid not and it is not planned. You can use some other drum types, there are several "weird ones" such as Music 1... But again, it's all about drum types. To be perfectly honest, compatibility with other drum machines is low priority. MDrummer has it's own sound engine and it all works using drum types so that everything is compatible with everything and that's how it needs to stay.

2- Hmm i don't follow, what exactly should it do? In terms of MDrummer. (sorry I just don't have enough time to check BFD)

3- I'm afraid it won't show the popups immediatelly if that's what you're asking (I'm not sure though :D ).

4- Sorry but that won't work. The left click and drag creates notes on different tracks as well. And changing the buttons isn't an option really, sorry.

5- I'm lost, which Undo buttons? There are many of them :D.

6- Sorry, another no. I'm starting to feel bad :D. It is not supposed to be a DAW, where you can have hours of stuff. It just edits one loop, this would be a huge overkill.

7- And another no :o... I don't even know how to respond to that :). I mean there are only that many tracks... Changing colors and sizes... that all is just, too much, sorry. It already has way too many features, complicating it with this is just too much imho. The tracks are always size as small as possible without making it unusable.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

What's new in 6.03? - scratch that found it on the website

MDrummer Large 6.03 changes
MDrummer Large is now available as 15 days trial.
Added MWaveFolder and MOscilloscope effects.
Added support for HDPI on Windows and Retina on OSX.
Improved support for systems with mutliple displays.
Added tempo/time-tap feature to all controls of tempo or frequency - hold alt and left click and release to set the value.
Sonograms heavily optimized for CPU, GPU and memory.
Added info to all bar graphs for harmonics etc. such as for harmonics in all oscillators.
Loudness meters redesigned - they now show green area "below" the target level, so that once it exceeds the target level, it is clearly marked red.
Improved VST3 compatibility with Reaper.
Added dry/wet to MAmp.
Added 4 guides to all time graphs, which you can use for visualisation purposes.
Removed "AAX (UI)" postfix from ProTools menu, it might be needed to clear PT's cache.
Added -100%..100% units to all time graphs.
Added LU meter option to make the green area -1..+1 LU as it was before.
Added Pre/Post option for equalizer in MReverb.
MReverb FX now disables late reflection processor when late is at 0% saving up to 70% CPU.
Style wizard is now smaller.
Fix: Analyzer settings were too big in knobs mode.
Fix: Sonograms caused serious memory leaks.
Fix: Fixed hypotetical possibility of calculation errors in some plugins.
Fix: Fixed a few hypotetical problems.
Fix: Clearing points of a graph after a step sequencer delete all points even if there were mandatory 2.
Fix: LP/HP filters in dynamic equalizers (and plugins containing a dynamic eq) didn't reset correctly on panic/reset.
Fix: Improved support with El Capitan.
Fix: Knobs were not resizing correctly for sizes <100%.
Fix: Rhythm editor / Advanced / Generate from template / Generate template didn't work.
Fix: Shift + Click on randomize button for effects to undo last randomize didn't work.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Return to “MeldaProduction”