Any AAS Tasman 5 news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:pray:
rabbit in a hole

There hasn't been for 12 years. Give up on it. Besides, you can get Reaktor 6 and have Blocks -- it is by far a more comprehensive package than Tassman.

I think AAS realized that they missed the boat on Tassman 5 years ago and have correctly avoided wasting limited development time on a complex piece of software that they don't have the staff to support. Better to make smaller, easier to develop and support software that can make more frequent sales to a larger customer base. Tassman 5 is never going to happen.

Nope
Last News are that the development goes good and a Release for 2016 is planed ;)
They will release the next Chromaphone 2 and than the entire Team work on Tassman 5
what I receive as information
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

You read my mind!

ZD Filters, audio rate modulation, and, uh, stuff.

AAS make it happen!
A well-behaved signature.

KBSoundSmith wrote:There hasn't been for 12 years. Give up on it. Besides, you can get Reaktor 6 and have Blocks -- it is by far a more comprehensive package than Tassman.

I think AAS realized that they missed the boat on Tassman 5 years ago and have correctly avoided wasting limited development time on a complex piece of software that they don't have the staff to support. Better to make smaller, easier to develop and support software that can make more frequent sales to a larger customer base. Tassman 5 is never going to happen.
They updated their whole product range one after another without exception. Tassman as mentioned already will also been updated for sure because it's the last product didn't received any updates yet. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
KBSoundSmith wrote:There hasn't been for 12 years. Give up on it. Besides, you can get Reaktor 6 and have Blocks -- it is by far a more comprehensive package than Tassman.

They updated their whole product range one after another without exception. Tassman as mentioned already will also been updated for sure because it's the last product didn't received any updates yet. :)
Based on the nature of the other updates, I'm not expecting much for a Tassman 5 update

The other updates have been mostly cosmetic with some relatively minor improvements. Tassman needs a whole lot of additional functionality and revamping of the basic design. Of course I would be happy to be pleasantly surprised... and I would be surprised.

Reaktor Blocks is monophonic only... and uses far more cpu than Tassman. Between being polyphonic and including the AAS physical modeling modules, it offers stuff that Reaktor Blocks does not have. There is certainly a place for Tassman if they manage to come out with the type of upgrade needed. I just don't see them having the chops to do it.

MillerSam wrote:Nope
Last News are that the development goes good and a Release for 2016 is planed ;)
They will release the next Chromaphone 2 and than the entire Team work on Tassman 5
Although I know that you are quite obviously trolling us I still want to believe this. :pray:

I had the opportunity to talk to the AAS developers at NAMM. A Tassmann upgrade is indeed in the pipeline, as are several other (as yet unannounced) things. Tassmann 5 is coming, but it may not be what immediately follows Chomophone 2 ... but it is coming.

Dostoyevsky wrote:
Although I know that you are quite obviously trolling us I still want to believe this. :pray:
It's very secret news, so secret it's in a banner on the front page of their website. An 11 page forum thread where AAS ask for suggestions for v5

http://community.applied-acoustics.com/ ... .php?t=507

It's often best to take 30 seconds to check something before deciding your mind is the ultimate truth on every matter :)

This goes triple for the 1st person to reply to this thread.. :hihi:

^ lol, yes it is quite amazing how some people reply without actually reading/learning about what had gone on before. On the internet, you so often see someone answering the question and amazingly well too, only to have a whole slew of individuals come at a later time and manage to entirely miss that post. They continue on in their own ignorance, grasping in the darkness. Sort of reminds me of human history.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HardSinc wrote:
Dostoyevsky wrote:
It's very secret news, so secret it's in a banner on the front page of their website. An 11 page forum thread where AAS ask for suggestions for v5

It's often best to take 30 seconds to check something before deciding your mind is the ultimate truth on every matter :)
Do you mean that 11 page forum thread which started in 2005 and hasnt had any new posts since 2013? Exactly what do you think that proves?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ages ago (around 10 years or more?) i was a big fan of Tassman 4 and there are still some of my Tassman synths in the user library AFAIK (and free 3rd party presets of Himalya for one of them).
I guess that alraedy 10 yeras ago we were asking for v5 but it never happened. A few yeras ago in finally decided to sell all my AAS stuff (had upgradfe to the full modeling collection) and at the moment i got enough other synth that i do no longer miss it that much.
Also got Ableton Live 9 Suite where some of the plugin are done by AAS while they got different names there ncluding "Ableton Analog").

One point was that Tassman 4 while it was cool was quite fragile and could crash any time, especially while editing a synth to create a new one. This was never really solved until i sold it.
Also certain kinds of modules or improvements to existing ones were missing.

Anyway when Tasman 5 should really come i will of course check it and maybe i will revisit one of my former favorite synths (and one of the first plugins i had really used besides e.g. Albino 2/3 and the Korg plugins).

Anyway 10 years ago Tassman 4 was one of teh few decent sounding analog emulations and since then a lot of great sounding analog emuations were released that sound as good or even better so i do not really know if i would need it again if v5 is released. I had also done some workarounds with it to get e.g. "Hypersaw" like sonds (and released a dedicated Tassman synth for that). I now got some dedicated Hypersaw/Supersaw like synths taht do this nicely.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

HardSinc wrote: It's very secret news, so secret it's in a banner on the front page of their website. An 11 page forum thread where AAS ask for suggestions for v5
Thank you, Captain Obvious :clap: I should really get my shit together. How could I've possibly missed this thread from 2005? 8)

Ingonator wrote:there are still some of my Tassman synths in the user library AFAIK (and free 3rd party presets of Himalya for one of them).
Yes, I just listened to them, and they are none the worse for wear! FWIW, AAS emailed me a year and a half ago about their schedule for releasing new versions of their synths and said "Tassman, being our most elaborate program, is the last one we will release on [the new software] platform." AAS have been following their plan since, so I see no reason to doubt now :shrug:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”