Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

ckam03 wrote:Yeah, I love programming in Diversion. So easy and fast. I also have Omni2 as well so maybe something like Diva is a better choice. I dunnnnnnnnoooooo. Definitely picking up Zebra HZ if I go that route though.
Zebra is really versatile, you can do so much with that one + there are tons of free patches for it in the u-he patch library. Diva is my favorite for vintage sounds. It's got so much character :love:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

ckam03 wrote:Anyone in here use Zebra and Diversion? I kinda want Zebra but there's already so much overlap with Diversion so I dunnooooooooooooo
I just did a little exercise where I tried to recreate a unison sound made on a Modulus 002. It's got a cool architecture where you have two oscillators, but sub oscillators on both that mirror the main waveform and their own detuning around. So, you can effectively get four oscillators going at once. My first thought was to use Zebra, but I couldn't get it to sound right. The .002 has this deep furry sound that I couldn't recreate with Zebra no matter what. I remembered Diversion had a 4 oscillator set up so I gave that a whirl and nailed it... Well, not perfect, but damn close. I even tried ZebraHZ so get use of Diva's filters but that didn't quite help.

Don't get me wrong, Zebra is great and the sound I was able to create was good, just more... Maybe "perfect" sounding than the .002. Diversion seemed to sound a bit better for this type of sound. I'll post the little track. Could be that my Zeba skills aren't good enough.

https://soundcloud.com/zerocrossing-1/002test_diversion

Here's the thread where the original sound and patch is posted. If someone wants to give it a go in Zebra, I'd love to hear it and see the patch.

My overall point is that Diversion has a different character than Zebra and I feel that there are reasons I keep both.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Sounds really good. Yeah, you're right so I'll just go ahead and pick up Zebra. I wanted to pick up Zebra 3 anyway so might as well get it now as to avoid spending 250 later.

ere2learn wrote:X control does it
It'.. Highpass?

It's.. Highpass?

Lejurai wrote:
It'.. Highpass?
You can do pwm, I found an old quote:
S0lo wrote:Here is a little thingy that I learned. You can actually do Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) using a small trick in Diversion. PWM gives that beautiful phasing coloring that you find often in some vintage synths.

The main idea is: two saw tooths, one of them inverted, will produce a square. If you modulate the phase of one of them and fix the other, you get PWM. Here are steps to do it:

1. Start from an empty preset. Set treble to [Normal]
2. Disable (un-press) the [FREE] button in both OSC1 and OSC3.
3. Enable (press) [INVERT] on OSC 3. (now if you press a key you will hear no sound since the two OSCs reverse each other)
4. Turn the [PHASE] knob of OSC1 to 12:00 o'clock.
4. Modulate [PHASE] knob of OSC1 using LFO1. But don't let the modulation reach 100 because this will kill the sound to silence at the ends.

Here is a patch to show what I mean.

http://dc208.2shared.com/download/MhmaA ... 4-60d38974

Lejurai wrote:
It'.. Highpass?
This is half PWM isnt it ?

any chance of aax support for this awesome sounding synth? It would be a immediate buy for me if available in protools
I'm Kinda a big Deal

ere2learn wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
It'.. Highpass?
This is half PWM isnt it ?

Well, seems like PWM to me. Btw, the x-knob has a different function for each waveform.

Yeah i noted that,it would be great if we could use them with custom waves,maybe you could choose which one to assign to x/y

ere2learn wrote:Yeah i noted that,it would be great if we could use them with custom waves,maybe you could choose which one to assign to x/y
Or as one of the osc modifiers/fx.

zerocrossing wrote:
ckam03 wrote:Anyone in here use Zebra and Diversion? I kinda want Zebra but there's already so much overlap with Diversion so I dunnooooooooooooo
I just did a little exercise where I tried to recreate a unison sound made on a Modulus 002. It's got a cool architecture where you have two oscillators, but sub oscillators on both that mirror the main waveform and their own detuning around. So, you can effectively get four oscillators going at once. My first thought was to use Zebra, but I couldn't get it to sound right. The .002 has this deep furry sound that I couldn't recreate with Zebra no matter what. I remembered Diversion had a 4 oscillator set up so I gave that a whirl and nailed it... Well, not perfect, but damn close. I even tried ZebraHZ so get use of Diva's filters but that didn't quite help.

Don't get me wrong, Zebra is great and the sound I was able to create was good, just more... Maybe "perfect" sounding than the .002. Diversion seemed to sound a bit better for this type of sound. I'll post the little track. Could be that my Zeba skills aren't good enough.

https://soundcloud.com/zerocrossing-1/002test_diversion

Here's the thread where the original sound and patch is posted. If someone wants to give it a go in Zebra, I'd love to hear it and see the patch.

My overall point is that Diversion has a different character than Zebra and I feel that there are reasons I keep both.
Nice patch, you did a good job there, I can definitely recognise some 002 character.
Interestingly a few months ago I tried recreating a cool Modal 001 arpeggiated sound with Zebra and after spending a couple of hours on it I was also quite unsatisfied, I could never get the attack to sound right and it was also a bit too clean. So maybe there is indeed something to it - though I wouldn't claim to be a master Zebra sound designer by any mean.

Anyone use the stream to wave option into an oscillator? It's a good idea if you want to save cpu. You could use 8 voice unison and spread on an osc then stream to osc, then reduce the unison to one and you have barely any cpu. I made a video of it and will try to find it.

There is also a new soundset for it if you want a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/touch_the_univer ... sound-bank
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

fischkopf wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
It'.. Highpass?
S0lo wrote:Here is a little thingy that I learned. You can actually do Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) using a small trick in Diversion. PWM gives that beautiful phasing coloring that you find often in some vintage synths.

The main idea is: two saw tooths, one of them inverted, will produce a square. If you modulate the phase of one of them and fix the other, you get PWM. Here are steps to do it:

3. Enable (press) [INVERT] on OSC 3. (now if you press a key you will hear no sound since the two OSCs reverse each other)
4. Modulate [PHASE] knob of OSC1 using LFO1. But don't let the modulation reach 100 because this will kill the sound to silence at the ends.

Nice. :tu:

fischkopf wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
It'.. Highpass?

Nice. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”