[Version 1.2.0] Shattered Glass Audio updates Code Red and Code Red Free (Console Emulation)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Code Red Code Red Free

Fantasitic plugin!!! Sounds amazing and really versatile. Love the saturation and the mix knob too. Just push the input hard, dial in the mix and smile :D .

:tu: :party:

jens wrote:
SGA wrote:
jens wrote:For what ist worth, the VST3 Version of Code Red free crashes Reaper with a Visual C++ runtime error on my machine (win7 64bit). No problems with the VST2 version though... could this possibly be related?
That's unrelated. Code Red Free VST3 crashes Reaper because Reaper sends maxSamplesPerBlock equal to zero :o, that we didn't account for, the very first time it calls setupProcessing. Btw. Code Red does not have that issue. SGA1566 MkII does not have that issue either (no support for VST3).
Kudos to you for this specific error-description - not that I understand any of it myself, but it is super helpful for making a bug report. :tu: :-D
I get that. The "detailed" explanation was there to show that we know why Code Red Free VST3 crashes Reaper (btw. Code Red Free VST3 runs fine in Cubase) and how's that crash different from what happens with the cracked version of SGA1566 MkII.

Just wondering if all the bells and whistles are worth getting a commercial version? The fact that Code Red has Telefunken V72 emulation almost made me pull the trigger on purchase. Just curious what other people's (primarily owners of Code Red) opinions?

jens wrote:For what ist worth, the VST3 Version of Code Red free crashes Reaper with a Visual C++ runtime error on my machine (win7 64bit). No problems with the VST2 version though... could this possibly be related?
I get the C++ crash with the 64bit VST2 version also. I'd love to try Code Red Free but despite numerous uninstalls and re-installs, I get the same crash every time.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
I get the C++ crash with the 64bit VST2 version also. I'd love to try Code Red Free but despite numerous uninstalls and re-installs, I get the same crash every time.
I presume you are running windows 7, in which case you should update your windows. Some had luck with updating only IE to version 11.

SGA wrote:I presume you are running windows 7, in which case you should update your windows.
Are you saying that his version needs specific updates, or that the plugins don't work with Windows 7?

Win7 64 works perfectly for me

SGA wrote:I presume you are running windows 7, in which case you should update your windows. Some had luck with updating only IE to version 11.
You are correct that I am using Windows 7, but are you seriously asking me to update my version of Windows just to run your plugin? I think I'll pass as it works for every single other plugin I have. If I was running XP I'd think you were talking sense but... c'mon... really?

Same goes for IE (which I don't use and am quite content to leave languishing at IE8).
A bit fried in the higher freqs

64 bit Code Red Free runs on my Win 7 x64 fine too.
cprompt wrote:
SGA wrote:I presume you are running windows 7, in which case you should update your windows. Some had luck with updating only IE to version 11.
You are correct that I am using Windows 7, but are you seriously asking me to update my version of Windows just to run your plugin? I think I'll pass as it works for every single other plugin I have. If I was running XP I'd think you were talking sense but... c'mon... really?

Same goes for IE (which I don't use and am quite content to leave languishing at IE8).
Rant much?! :uhuhuh: IMHO having your OS up to date is not an unreasonable requirement. I'm rather curious to know how much would you've ranted if the requirement was iLok2?

64 bit Code Red Free runs on my Win 7 x64 fine too.
cprompt wrote:

Rant much?! :uhuhuh: IMHO having your OS up to date is not an unreasonable requirement. I'm rather curious to know how much would you've ranted if the requirement was iLok2?

foo21345 wrote:64 bit Code Red Free runs on my Win 7 x64 fine too.
cprompt wrote:

Cmon, I can see not taking the upgrading of IE lightly. I actually had to check, I'm on 11, not that I use if often. It might have been related to some specific website, I tend to have a lot of plugins on firefox and chrome that causes certain websites to fail. If not for that, and if not required, I might too still be on an old IE.

I'm curious what the dependency is though?

ghettosynth wrote: Cmon, I can see not taking the upgrading of IE lightly. I actually had to check, I'm on 11, not that I use if often. It might have been related to some specific website, I tend to have a lot of plugins on firefox and chrome that causes certain websites to fail. If not for that, and if not required, I might too still be on an old IE.

My win 7 is up to date. MS makes OSs with plenty of security holes, that I do updates regularly. Btw keeping IE up to date is actually beneficial for security reasons, even if you don't use it because it updates/replaces files with vulnerabilities.
I have no idea what the dependency is. Here is SGA's post regarding update, in another thread, same kind of a problem:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p5911730 Here is the post with the IE 11 suggestion from another user:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6359745

I think I've read somewhere that the 32 bit plugin works in Reaper with not up to date win 7 64 if you use the bridge.

foo21345 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote: Cmon, I can see not taking the upgrading of IE lightly. I actually had to check, I'm on 11, not that I use if often. It might have been related to some specific website, I tend to have a lot of plugins on firefox and chrome that causes certain websites to fail. If not for that, and if not required, I might too still be on an old IE.

My win 7 is up to date. MS makes OSs with plenty of security holes, that I do updates regularly. Btw keeping IE up to date is actually beneficial for security reasons, even if you don't use it because it updates/replaces files with vulnerabilities.
I have no idea what the dependency is. Here is SGA's post regarding update, in another thread, same kind of a problem:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p5911730 Here is the post with the IE 11 suggestion from another user:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6359745

I think I've read somewhere that the 32 bit plugin works in Reaper with not up to date win 7 64 if you use the bridge.
No doubt, that might be why mine is up to date as well, I just don't remember. I was just curious what the dependency was and I understand not wanting to mess with IE.

I don't install ALL important updates though. MS has a tendency to identify things that are important only to them as important, such as the "shove win 10 down your throat" updates this past fall.

My copy of this has recently started crashing the Sonar plug-in manager when scanning for VSTs. Renaming the .DLL works (because the plug-in manager skips it), but un- and re-installing it didn't help.

Ironically, this seemed to start happening after a Windows 7 update in early February. Before that, the SGA plug-in (and Sonar's plug-in manager) were working properly.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Well, based on the reviews, I thought that I'd give it a go, works fine in Reaper 64 on my Win 7 64, and I really only do the important security updates as a matter of course. I tend to check each of the others to see if they're something that I really need.

Return to “Effects”