Friedlander 1.5 issues

Official support for: embertone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I bought the ISS bundle (I always think of the space station first when reading ISS, hehe) and I am having some issues with Friedlander Violin:

- Bad intonation of sustain notes
Especially when playing at zero vibrato, some notes sound really off. Could this be corrected? It strikes me most when playing multiple instances of the violin in intervals or in an ensemble with e.g. cello. Some intervals are unpleasantly out of tune. This does not have to do with the random pitch thing, I set that to zero already.

- Some staccato notes are pretty bad, sound almost like with grace notes. It's no problem if you hit such a sample within a melody just here and there, that gives a human touch. But if you play an ostinato pattern in a certain velocity where 2 of 4 round robin samples sound this way, then it sounds pretty bad. Would be nice if this can be improved.

- Bow changes not expression/velocity responsive
When you play a legato phrase, only the first note has an attack corresponding to the velocity. I would think that a real player can also vary the sound of bow changes, or give some pronounced attack to notes within a legato phrase, with some temporary force he applies? Or is this not so? (I don't play string instruments). At least to me it sounded a little inconsistent when the phrase starts with a powerful harsh attack and then the bow changes sound totally mellow despite the forte loudness.

Cheers :-)

Return to “Embertone”