Ideabox

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Constant as modulation source in the matrix slots and amp env a und/or b as targets, which would basically work like the filter env amount control, just for the amp env, more or less like a control to adapt the exponential character. Would not require any changes to the GUI :)

I just ran out of envelopes 8) on a more complex patch and had an idea: how about turning the amp env into a layer env by adding additional env options in the new env menu:
- Amp gate (in which case the env becomes the filter env for that layer (and a little env amount knob appears) and the amp only receives an on-off signal (with just few ms attack and release to avoid clicking)
- Amp & filter (in which case the env sets identical values for amp and filter env and again a little env amount knob appears)

when is the next version of sylenth going to come out? I'd love to buy the synth but i want to know it will be upgraded in the future with some of these great ideas in the ideabox.

* Simple stuff to add:
1. To have more waveforms
2. Pulse width to all kind of waveforms

** Some hard stuff to add:
1. Sync
2. FM
3. Waveshaping

ddeez wrote:when is the next version of sylenth going to come out? I'd love to buy the synth but i want to know it will be upgraded in the future with some of these great ideas in the ideabox.
From what I have read in this sub-forum, I think the next mature update for Windows will be out early next year, but it will basically only be a face lift to match the new Apple version, no new features as such. I don't know if and when they will actually add something meaningful.
Given the pace at which they update Sylenth, I don't think they will ever expand it so much that it could compete with Dune2 or something more comprehensive like that. The landscape has changed so much, there probably is not much point in spending too much time and energy on a basically outdated synth when there are so many much more advanced synths out there already. He doesn't seem to be a full-time synth programmer, unlike the developers of modern top synths.

Whatever they do, they have to ask themselves what Sylenth is supposed to be. I doubt they will add more waveforms or filters or whatever some people have suggested. PWM would be great, though, at least for pulse.

How about making the process of setting controls to zero or default consistent? Currently some controls can be reset by double-clicking while other require Ctrl + single click.

I want PWM as well. (otherwise I want a very good reason why it is not there)
Dúnedain

8) I don't think LD need to justify why they do or don't do certain things. I mean, we can try the demo before we buy it, so whoever buys it knows it doesn't have regular pwm, but obviously likes it, anyway.

fluffy_little_something wrote:8) I don't think LD need to justify why they do or don't do certain things. I mean, we can try the demo before we buy it, so whoever buys it knows it doesn't have regular pwm, but obviously likes it, anyway.
I did not bought it yet and I know PWM is not there.
Sylenth1 is the perfect synth. Can do things Massive, Dune2 can't do. But it is only lacking PWM.
Last edited by Dúnedain on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dúnedain

Dúnedain wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:8) I don't think LD need to justify why they do or don't do certain things. I mean, we can try the demo before we buy it, so whoever buys it knows it doesn't have regular pwm, but obviously likes it, anyway.
Sylenth1 is the perfect synth. Can do things Massive can't. But it is only lacking PWM.

Massive has way more features overall..
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Dúnedain wrote:
Sylenth1 is the perfect synth. Can do things Massive can't. But it is only lacking PWM.

Massive has way more features overall..
True. Which I consider a con, not a pro. Over-featured synths are driving me crazy.
Dúnedain

A kind of random generator for the global pan position of each note played.

Since I often use the two layers like building blocks, it would be cool if one could copy an entire layer and paste it across different instances to combine let's say a piano and a string pad sound. Currently (v2, I assume nothing has changed in the beta of v3), not even copying and pasting for instance an envelope between instances works, the result is odd, neither the copied values, nor the default values...

How about an all FX on/off, i.e. wet/dry switch, like this:
https://app.box.com/s/frpeecl54diwe6ny9y6g22ym6guq9332
Sometimes it is good to compare without having to check or uncheck half a dozen boxes (if one remembers which ones were on and off in the first place).

A related suggestion: automatically display an effect's parameters when checking or unchecking an effect's box. Just saying because I have repeatedly changed the wrong parameters because I was on the wrong effect panel after switching something on or off :hihi:

Return to “LennarDigital”