SJ Orchestral soundfont (70MB) available

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bigg John wrote:thanx. luckily, i greedily stuffed my harddrive with soundsite samples before they dissapeared. but they are on a cd somewhere... probably in a box, in the shed, behind all the christmas stuff :D

thanx again
same here..xcept they're right next to the PC 8)

Thanks! I've been looking for this for ages!

thanks for this - looking forward to giving these a whirl.

I think we can add orchestral samples to the list that starts..

"you can never have enough....." :)

Cool!
Thanks Krim and Garret!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

No probs :wink:

Good spirited of you both, Krim ,Garrett.
Thannx Guys :P
A rich man needs an analyst, a poor man needs a friend.

Garret, you're a life saver. I've been looking for good string sounds for a while, and this soundfont seems to contain the most reliable set I've found yet. The other instruments aren't bad, either, of course. :)

Thanks guys... All I did was dig it off the hard drive and send it to Krim for hosting... :wink:

If anyone knows the history of this soundfont, I'd greatly appreciate it... I remember some old time KVR member talking about it ages ago.. I wish I could remember the name of the orchestra that recorded it, with the initials SJ.

Hmm...

-Garret

garret wrote: I wish I could remember the name of the orchestra that recorded it, with the initials SJ.
SJ stands for "St James", IIRC.

wow !

super

thanks folks !
as soon as i start making music
i will use this :)

garret wrote:Okay folks, here you go. The much heralded SJ Orchestral Strings... hosting courtesy of Kriminal.

http://kriminal.presetbank.com/sjo.rar
http://www.groovecell.com/music/SF/sjo.rar

big sigh.
i finally managed to download the sjo.rar file, but it turns out that the archive got corrupted. argh, i shall try to dl again... and i just hope that the files are going to be hosted a little longer. anyway, thanks so much for hosting the files so far!

this is really really good stuff this :-o

cheers krim :wink: :D

jim

Muchisimas Gracias!

Haven't tested it yet, but I've been bandaging different fonts together to try to make an orchestra and have been failing miserably. This'll ease the burden. ;)

Greg

Man, these are great. Thanks for post and thanks to whomever did the original work on these!
scuzzphut wrote: I think we can add orchestral samples to the list that starts..

"you can never have enough....." :)
Ditto that! I find that combining samples from different libraries is the best way to create a real "ensemble." The trombone player from this set, and two of the trombones from the Reason Orkester bank make a really nice 3-man TB section.

thanks, very welcome

and I´m with sickle666:

the only thing I really need is a link to the talent download area.

Where is it????

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”