Sylenth1 v3 BETA for Windows available...politically correct thread update

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

Lennard wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Strange, whenever I press Shift-L I get to the same wrong folder now. With the previous version I was always directed to the folder from which I had loaded my last patch, i.e. the folder changed. Now I always get directed to my synth bass folder even when the last patch I had loaded before I closed my DAW was from, say, the pads folder :P
You can change this behaviour in the Settings.xml file:

<SoundBankFolder remember="2" path="D:\SoundBanks"/>
<PresetFolder remember="1" path=""/>

The 'remember' settings are:

remember="0"
Sylenth1 will not remember which folder you last loaded presets from, it'll just always open and save to the folder set in "path"

remember="1"
Sylenth1 will remember the folder you last loaded presets from during the time it's run, but it'll not save the folder, so it'll revert to the folder set in "path" after restarting your DAW.

remember="2"
Sylenth1 will always remember the folder you last loaded presets from during the time it's run, even after restarting your DAW.

Having no path set, it'll use the default Presets and SoundBanks paths in the data folder.
Is this similar in the Mac version? If yes, where can I find this Settings.xml?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Lennard wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Ruben(LD) wrote:Hmmm I thought Sylenth would no longer connect to the internet at it's own will looking for updates. I'll block it from my firewall and see what happens..........
Sylenth1 will check for updates only once in a several weeks. It'll do this in a separate lowest priority thread, so it's absolutely non-intrusive. Since some updates are important, especially since v3.0 hasn't been released too long ago and since then already 10 updates were necessary (and there are more to come), we don't recommend using a firewall to block this.
Then wouldn't it be better to manually check for updates since the automatic check is only once in several weeks ?

I use my studio computer for tracking my financial accounts and transactions so I try to limit the amount of access plugins and other software have to the internet. I try to download and test updates from this computer, scan them with one Anti Virus, move them to the studio computer then scan them with a second AV. Overly paranoid ? Probably but you can't be too careful these days........ :?

Anyway I have several hundred plugins so you can see if all of them do automatic checks for updates it could get a bit messy especially if all the ones loaded were to check at the same time when loading a project into a DAW.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

stardustmedia wrote:Is this similar in the Mac version? If yes, where can I find this Settings.xml?
Yes. In the exact same way: Click MENU -> Open Data Folder, then open the Config folder to get there.

Teksonik wrote:Then wouldn't it be better to manually check for updates since the automatic check is only once in several weeks ?
That depends on your definition of 'better'. Checking manually every week until there's a new update (which could be released several months later), or just laying back and get notified automatically.
Teksonik wrote:I use my studio computer for tracking my financial accounts and transactions so I try to limit the amount of access plugins and other software have to the internet. I try to download and test updates from this computer, scan them with one Anti Virus, move them to the studio computer then scan them with a second AV. Overly paranoid ? Probably but you can't be too careful these days........ :?
Of course I can't vouch for other developers, but I can assure you that we take security seriously. Sylenth1 only uses an outgoing connection to check for updates, in the exact same way as a manual check would, but free from all the overhead. It's absolutely safe.

The Sylenth1 v3 installer and the binaries are digitally signed. It won't execute when altered by a virus or malware, so it can't be infected.
Teksonik wrote:Anyway I have several hundred plugins so you can see if all of them do automatic checks for updates it could get a bit messy especially if all the ones loaded were to check at the same time when loading a project into a DAW.....
Again I can't vouch for other software, but if they were all doing this the way Sylenth1 does it, I can assure you that you wouldn't even notice it if thousands of plugins were checking the same second.

But of course it's all up to you! :wink:

Lennard wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Then wouldn't it be better to manually check for updates since the automatic check is only once in several weeks ?
That depends on your definition of 'better'. Checking manually every week until there's a new update (which could be released several months later), or just laying back and get notified automatically.
By better I meant that since you're saying:
Lennard wrote: Since some updates are important, especially since v3.0 hasn't been released too long ago and since then already 10 updates were necessary (and there are more to come), we don't recommend using a firewall to block this.
It would seem like a good idea for us to manually check more often than the automatic check done "only once in several weeks". That way we're sure we don't miss any updates........
Lennard wrote: I can assure you that we take security seriously. Sylenth1 only uses an outgoing connection to check for updates, in the exact same way as a manual check would, but free from all the overhead. It's absolutely safe.
The Sylenth1 v3 installer and the binaries are digitally signed. It won't execute when altered by a virus or malware, so it can't be infected.
Thanks,that's good to know. I tend to be very paranoid about the studio computer mainly because of the financial duties it is also responsible for........
Lennard wrote: I can assure you that you wouldn't even notice it if thousands of plugins were checking the same second.
You know best but it does seem like if thousands of plugins all connected at the same time to dozens of different websites all checking for updates it would at least be noticeable. But you're the expert. Thankfully not too many plugins I own do auto checking for updates.

So anyway I'll make it a habit to manually check for updates in Sylenth since they seem to coming pretty rapidly lately........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Some presets are way too loud, doesn't anyone check factory presets for their volume? 463 for instance, crazy...

Just noticed that there is a new version. Do I have to uninstall the previous build and deactivate the license first?

I didn't, I just installed it right on top of the old version.

OK, so I did that as well. Seems my settings got lost, i.e. size, folder path :P Can't the program notice if there already is a settings file in that directory and hence not overwrite it?

Anyway, still wondering why the waves are in yellow, looks so odd that I am wondering if something is wrong with my Windows color settings...
https://app.box.com/s/4lhpt8z1hgrlqm4ksvc77g2rdkiat778

Might also make sense to include a Manual link in the Menu since the manual gets installed, anyway.

Yes it forgot the path to my Custom Banks folder but that was a ten second fix. The thing is if you uninstall then reinstall every .001 update you run the risk of messing with your two authorizations. That's why I just install over the older version.

The waveforms are pinkish here. Oh how I wish we could edit the new version 3 default skin. :?

I guess we should back up the configuration file and paste it back in whenever we update, I had simply forgotten :roll:

I am pretty happy with the new skin, except for those waveforms and the blue displays, which I have a hard time reading...

But I think I will sell it, anyway, because now that I finally have a quality rompler, I don't really need a synth anymore, wasted too much time on synthesis already. The rompler sounds better at every kind of sound/instrument I need for my music (which is not EDM etc.). The only area where Sylenth outshines the rompler is background pads, but then again, the rompler contains very good real strings, the original pad sound so to speak.
I am thinking of releasing a sound set containing some of my hundreds of Sylenth patches.

Sylenth is to Rompler as Hammer is to Screwdriver. Different tools for different jobs. Don't need to drive in a lot of nails ? Sell the hammer. :shrug:

Id like to say that Lennard digital costumer support is really good.

I was demoing Sylenth for about a week. Didn't have any issues, until i purchased the plugin, and noticed after 4-5 times opening the GUI in LIve, it would freeze then crash. I was devastated. Luckily, Lennard corresponded with me and we trouble shot to figure out what was wrong. In the end nothing worked short of reinstalling windows 7. Didnt want to do that, so he gave me a full refund. Aaand with a brand new PC with new 64bit Windows 7, it did the same thing... really sad because i loved Sylenth, it just didn't like me Lol.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Return to “LennarDigital”