We just released Obscurium, the Synthesis Organism

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

the obscurium 1.0.2 update is now online!

We added advanced MIDI-out features (MIDI CC out & channel out) and fixed and improved plugin handling (fixed several bugs, scanning improved, alphabetical vendors).

All the best,
Markus at SB

Great! thanks! question: does the bundle installer get updated with the latest updates right away? (does the current bundle installer have obscurium 1.02 in it?) - no point in dl'ing 3GB if it's not in there.

plexuss wrote:Great! thanks! question: does the bundle installer get updated with the latest updates right away? (does the current bundle installer have obscurium 1.02 in it?) - no point in dl'ing 3GB if it's not in there.
New bundle installers will be uploaded next week... (Bundle 7)

aMUSEd wrote:Looks awesome - is the scales support fixed or can you import say scala?
bump

*Markus* wrote:Hey,

the obscurium 1.0.2 update is now online!

We added advanced MIDI-out features (MIDI CC out & channel out) and fixed and improved plugin handling (fixed several bugs, scanning improved, alphabetical vendors).

All the best,
Markus at SB
Hi,
Feature request: Do you plan to have a feature where the Midi input is restricted to the keys in the selected scale?
I would buy this in a beat if this useful feature is added to Obscurium.
Thanks.

From the looks of things this will only accept VST instruments and not AUs. I am using Logic and I have only loaded AUs. Will Obscurium work with AUs or will I have to do without...?

I am being a bit lazy and not downloading the demo version but no AUs and I won't buy it- not Sugar Bytes fault!!

Answered my own question now. VST only. A feature request, please add AU plug in support!!

"Answered my own question now. VST only."

That can't be so; I just ran it inside Logic with Zebralette inside it; sounded great:)

dpc

Will this thing be developed anymore or do we just stay in the current state with version 1.03?

I think the current version is 1.04, isn't it?

I think their focus is on this at the moment:
http://www.synthanatomy.com/2016/04/sup ... d-ios.html

I wish SB were a bit more transparent with their updates though; I own plenty of their products and usually have to rely on KVR to let me know when one is updated :(
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Looks great! I have two questions though:

1. How is it possible to create different patterns and use them to make a song arrangement?
2. Is MIDI drag to DAW timeline available?

Thanks.

Too bad Obscurium lost steam, it's so unique.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

aesthete wrote:Too bad Obscurium lost steam, it's so unique.
It didn't with me. I don't talk about it a lot, but I think it's a fantastic plug in.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I am loving this. I finally bought it after dithering about it for ages.

The VST hosting is pretty great...BUT as a Logic user it's pretty weird to have a plugin inside a plugin (and some plugs seem kind of unstable run this way, too...looking at you, Serum). So I too would love to see it as a MIDI effect too just so I can more easily send info to logic's built-in stuff or other AUs (or my external gear).

But still. Even without AU or MidiFX support I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of this. Thumbs up!

Return to “Sugar Bytes”